C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

cls 63 amg airmatic ...dealer has replaced almost everything !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63 AMG
cls 63 amg airmatic ...dealer has replaced almost everything !

the first time to dealer valve locks and airbag replaced. the car continued to drop after a few days in garage. 2nd dealer trip i got another air bag and compressor ...i guess that means pretty much a new system ....and havent had any issues since . i asked dealer bout the purging sounds after sitting in garage and i was informed it was a normal leveling feature but sometimes i think my car does it to much. well i noticed today when garage the car is lower than its been in a while its been sitting there 3-4 days ...its not as low as it was when it was leaking it would almost be on rear tires . i got my new lowering kit in today and i wanna install asap but dont wanna have to listen to dealer if i still have an airmatic problem and have to go back in for a fix ....question is does any 63 owners experience the same purging leveling effect after days of being parked ....is it normal ??? please help i know theres owners out there !!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
From what I have experienced and read, the purging sound is normal. If they already have replaced everything and air bellows after a certain date. The problem should have been taken care of. Per one service bulletin, same repair would have to be done again if the previous repair was done prior to a certain date due to some faulty manufactured parts.

It's normal for the rear to drop a little after long parking.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Farts a lot

Replace the bellows again