C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Anyone's driver side mirror shake with music up a bit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Anyone's driver side mirror shake with music up a bit?

I think my sole complaint about this car has been the noise with the radio playing at a moderate sound. The panels will sometimes make noise....a problem that a lot of people apparently have had...and I can't help but notice the driver side mirror glass will vibrate, too. The passenger side does not do this....and the driver side stops doing this once I turn off the radio so I know that's the culprit. Anyone else had this issue?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by mjr24
I think my sole complaint about this car has been the noise with the radio playing at a moderate sound. The panels will sometimes make noise....a problem that a lot of people apparently have had...and I can't help but notice the driver side mirror glass will vibrate, too. The passenger side does not do this....and the driver side stops doing this once I turn off the radio so I know that's the culprit. Anyone else had this issue?
Yes but I have two 12" subs in the trunk and a very powerful audio system, but yeah, when the bass hits...my mirrors vibrate.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
In my case, I had a similar issue but it was some of the cf panel that were vibrating and the cause was that the brackets underneath were loose or broken...they had to replace these CF panels and I had no issue this then.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG PP, 2012 Porsche Cayenne
I notice the plastic seat belt holder causes some noise when the bass is pumping. Every once in awhile I would hold it tight with my right hand while driving with my left hand, just to stop the irritation. I was hoping someone has found a fix and can share...

(I remember my '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe had a rattling rearview mirror. Someone on the G35driver forum posted step by step pictures of where to dab a little glue to fix the rattle. That was my first DIY project on a car.)