C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Wow, 2014 CLS63 S-AMG ordered :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by emericr
Would you let go your CBS for a CLS? I know the family is growing and you have seen my tail at the last drag event but your car is simply awesome.
I am thinking of selling mine as something is coming up that I may have to jump on.
I would not---- no comparo in visceral driving between the Black and the CLS.. AWD or not. The Black is a race car for the street. But that is my call.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLS63
Originally Posted by felix1203
did you ask them for any discounts? I know that the invoice is different to sticker price shown on the windows at thedealer. how much was your order/build and how to ask for their invoice or is it the same on the website when u build it?
I have experience with the finance people trying to buy the rate lower and ending up u have to pay extra grand for the low rate. it sound rediculous, why dont they just give the lowest rate to make customer happy if you are already qualified for it. instead of paying for the rates, i guessed thats hhow they make money out of it!
Felix,

Invoice pricing on most mercedes is ~ 7% off of MSRP. When I talked with my dealer, I told them I was on the fence between the E63 and an M5. I already had a deal worked out on the M5 for $1k over invoice with a dealer I have had a relationship with. I asked the MB dealer to come back with their best off. They came back at $2k over...which I took. It didn't matter what my build was, my price will be invoice +$2k. They will show me the invoice price when the car gets built. Then I will add the AMA discount .

There should be no extra fee for the best rate. You may have to negotiate with that, but usually rate markup only occurs on leases. If they won't give you the best rate for a purchase/finance, go to an outside bank/credit union.

X
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls63 s-model
thanks

Originally Posted by 335X-ray
Felix,

Invoice pricing on most mercedes is ~ 7% off of MSRP. When I talked with my dealer, I told them I was on the fence between the E63 and an M5. I already had a deal worked out on the M5 for $1k over invoice with a dealer I have had a relationship with. I asked the MB dealer to come back with their best off. They came back at $2k over...which I took. It didn't matter what my build was, my price will be invoice +$2k. They will show me the invoice price when the car gets built. Then I will add the AMA discount .

There should be no extra fee for the best rate. You may have to negotiate with that, but usually rate markup only occurs on leases. If they won't give you the best rate for a purchase/finance, go to an outside bank/credit union.

X
Thats pretty well explained for an non-experience customers who has to deal with crazy mark up. So, i was lucky not to buy from the previous deal +4k over sticker for premium,thats like 10k saved right there! that was nice trick from them, saying that the s-model is very hot and everyone wants it, so there is a premium to get it. Now i can tell them the same story to another dealer for a new built. I also was told from porsche buyer are getting the same deal like yours. hopefully they'll take it.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Agreed. Maybe Hal is thinking of an addition for his black brother.

Originally Posted by Vic55
I would not---- no comparo in visceral driving between the Black and the CLS.. AWD or not. The Black is a race car for the street. But that is my call.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS63-S Model
Originally Posted by 335X-ray
Felix,

Invoice pricing on most mercedes is ~ 7% off of MSRP. When I talked with my dealer, I told them I was on the fence between the E63 and an M5. I already had a deal worked out on the M5 for $1k over invoice with a dealer I have had a relationship with. I asked the MB dealer to come back with their best off. They came back at $2k over...which I took. It didn't matter what my build was, my price will be invoice +$2k. They will show me the invoice price when the car gets built. Then I will add the AMA discount

X
335X-Ray -- Are you sure you can add (subtract really) the AMA discount to your best negotiated price?? It seems like it would have to be an AMA 'Rebate' for that to work? My ABA incentive program is identical to the AMA and ADA programs, but I am not sure if they are just pre-negotiated rates, or actual rebates?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLS63
Originally Posted by Ryan1
335X-Ray -- Are you sure you can add (subtract really) the AMA discount to your best negotiated price?? It seems like it would have to be an AMA 'Rebate' for that to work? My ABA incentive program is identical to the AMA and ADA programs, but I am not sure if they are just pre-negotiated rates, or actual rebates?
Ryan,

I asked my dealer that question (thinking, no way they will give it to me...) but he check and it did apply and they are willing to give it to me. (We are also thinking about getting a GL for the wifey and we can do it on both cars which is pretty nice)

Good luck, I am guessing it is dealer dependent.

X