C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2012 CLS63 Renntech - What's it worh?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
2012 CLS63 Renntech - What's it worh?

I am considering selling my 2012 CLS63. It is blk/blk with the AMG Perf. Pack and CC brakes.

It has the following Renntech items (installed by an official Renntech dealer):

R1 Performance Package
Downpipes with 200 cell sport cats
Lowering kit (front springs, adj rear links)
LSD
BMG filters

Other equipment:

20" HRE P43SC wheels (brush tinted clear) with Michelin PS (255/305) tires
Custom installed Passport 9500ci
German Maestro speakers
JL sub (custom box mounted on underside of rear deck - trunk fully functional)
JL amps

The car has 9400 miles. Original wheels and tires will come with car as well (plus HREs). The car is in perfect condition.

What is a fair asking price?

Last edited by Lew L; 09-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:55 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 S 650, 2014 SL 550, 2017 911 TTS Cab, '13 F458 Spider
Originally Posted by Lew L
I am considering selling my 2012 CLS63. It is blk/blk with the AMG Perf. Pack and CC brakes.

It has the following Renntech items (installed by an official Renntech dealer):

R1 Performance Package
Downpipes with 200 cell sport cats
Lowering kit (front springs, adj rear links)
LSD
BMG filters

Other equipment:

20" HRE P43SC wheels (brush tinted clear) with Michelin PS (255/305) tires
Custom installed Passport 9500ci
German Maestro speakers
JL sub (custom box mounted on underside of rear deck - trunk fully functional)
JL amps

The car has 9400 miles. Original wheels and tires will come with car as well (plus HREs). The car is in perfect condition.

What is a fair asking price?
Wow, I'm sure that is a very nice car, you should post pics!

The reality is the mods narrow your buyer population and many consider a modded car worth less than stock due to potential warranty issues and potentially "abused" car since most people that mod their cars do it for a reason, to drive it hard and fast.

Your car is worth around 90k stock. If you find someone who can appreciate the mods it certainly would be worth more to that buyer.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
Honestly I think there are quite a few individuals out there interested in purchasing a car with those mods. The trick is, how bad do they want it. Your safe bet is to at least try to get blue book/clear book value. Take it from me, when I purchased the 218 from Pertplus, having the mods and letting the car go for what was owed on it and not paying anything additional for the mod ensured the sale.

Just my two cents.

Also, pictures are a must!!

Good Luck.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow, your car sounds nice as hell man, someone is going to be a happy bloke when they take that car home, would love to see some pix as well, and the 308 too
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
wow, your car sounds nice as hell man, someone is going to be a happy bloke when they take that car home, would love to see some pix as well, and the 308 too
Thanks. I'll post some pix when my wife gets back since she is our home's IS department. The 308 is gone. It was beautiful! I cleared out the garage for a new 458.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:11 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
darn!

I was so close to bringing a 308 home once......damnit!!
ended up with this TT instead
Old 09-23-2013, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
As previous posters, it is going to be difficult getting someone to pay for the mods even though Renntech is the only vendor that MB dealers accept to install on cars.
Their expertise is well known in the industry and they are top notch and expensive.
Unless you are like Pertplus and not willing to take time to part out your custom stuff separately, you will probably end up selling your car as is for blue book or a tad more.
What I would at least recommend is at least post on the forum your wheels (as long as you still have the OEM ones) and other items that can easily be swapped. This will maximize your $$ but will take some time.
For example, I would be interested in buying your lowering module, downpipes and custom subwoofers.
GLWS.
Just a thought.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by emericr
As previous posters, it is going to be difficult getting someone to pay for the mods even though Renntech is the only vendor that MB dealers accept to install on cars.
Their expertise is well known in the industry and they are top notch and expensive.
Unless you are like Pertplus and not willing to take time to part out your custom stuff separately, you will probably end up selling your car as is for blue book or a tad more.
What I would at least recommend is at least post on the forum your wheels (as long as you still have the OEM ones) and other items that can easily be swapped. This will maximize your $$ but will take some time.
For example, I would be interested in buying your lowering module, downpipes and custom subwoofers.
GLWS.
Just a thought.
Ahhhhh I enjoy when people speak about that which they do not know. Me not parting my car out had nothing to do with time. It's simple logic. I had a 2012 CLS63 with low mileage and relatively low payment (I put $0 down but my lease payment was based on a money factor that came out to about 3% a year). However, if I parted my car out and brought it back to stock, why would someone be motivated to lease a bone stock CLS63 at a lease payment set as if the car were brand new? If I kept the mods in -- mods I got to enjoy -- then it was more likely that someone would say "Hey, instead of a 2014 CLS63 with little or no changes from the 2012, why dont I get this modded out low mileage one for a heck of a lot less (considering the mods being thrown in)."

Why am I recounting my experience? No, not to simply retort to the misstatement spoken above -- but instead to give some basis for why I say: "If you want to sell the entire car as a whole fast, sell it with the mods. If you need money quickly and can find immediate buyers for various mods, part it out." But remember this, depending on your handiness, you are going to pay someone to uninstall modifications and presumably reinstall stock parts. Calculate what that will cost. Remember that you can sell the car modded and if you offer the stock parts for a small premium or throw them in, that will probably further entice potential buyers.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
Sorry bud but your logic does not make sense. The bottom line is you do not need to have $20K of incentives to sell a bone stock CLS63. You sold your heavily modded car for a steal and more power to you to leave this much money on the table.
You know very well that you could have made more money with selling your extras on the side and either selling your lease or even trading it in.
Don' try to sell us on something else.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by emericr
Sorry bud but your logic does not make sense. The bottom line is you do not need to have $20K of incentives to sell a bone stock CLS63. You sold your heavily modded car for a steal and more power to you to leave this much money on the table.
You know very well that you could have made more money with selling your extras on the side and either selling your lease or even trading it in.
Don' try to sell us on something else.
Sell you on what? Trading my lease in? My lease wasnt up until 2016, so how could I have traded my lease in? What car dealership was going to take a CLS63 with more than 3 years left on a lease? I love how you speak with such authority, yet are completely wrong. It's like Billy Madison, everytime you speak, I feel dumber, and award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Did I leave money on the table by not parting it out? Yes. But can you show me a bone stock used CLS63 that has sold in the last 6 months? Year? 18 months? Show me one that has sold on this board where the seller made out whole and didnt have to incentivize a buyer? Can you show me a modded out CLS63 where someone sold it for Blue Book + the value of the mods?

Hey Emericr, how do you explain this then:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...rt-9500ci.html

Last edited by Pertplus; 09-23-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
You can trade up at any time. It is a matter of your lease payoff. How do I know? Been there, done that and actually got money back on my lease (with 0 money down).
Look, no point to get angry. We agree on the issue: you left money on the table. That was my only point. If you want to argue on why you did, you are right: I do not know and is none of my business.
How do I explain the link to the CLS for sale? Very easy. Either the guy is strapped or he bought it for the right price. If he is strapped, he is better off trading his car up and the dealer will give him at least that amount.
Some people wait for the right time to buy and they get the car for way under invoice. How do I know? I am one of them.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:03 PM

No rush to sell. Car is really awesome as is. It would be a shame to undo it. I'll post pix this weekend. If it finds a buyer that wants it as is, then great. If not, there's room in the garage. If I sell it, I might get a Range Rover Sport or Cayenne. Looking for something to bridge the gap between the 458 and my Suburban that can handle all but the worst of our Northeast weather.

I wish Audi sold the RS6 Avant in the US. Better for hauling hockey bags than the CLS.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I disagree on parting out saves you money- the key word is .... it depends. What is one's opportunity cost of money to part out, install, post for sale, ship, etc.... This is time and to me time is money and I make a whole lot more money with my time than trying to sell a rear diffuser for an extra 300 dollars on the forums or Craigslist or other supplemental parts for that matter.

Ive been modding cars for years--- many years and I often sell my cars as you can all see by my turnover. How often have you seen me part a car out? Never. I have sold my HRE wheels but thats a larger margin so it was worth it or I had a local buyer but not once did I ship them. Its all about time and what one deems is most important to them. To me the only time to part out a car is if: one leases and is a doing a lease return. But thats just me.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
then again, some guys just have so much money to blow they don't give a sh it........
they'll learn someday
Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 AM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
Have any pics posted yet? I have the exact same car less the Perf Package and diff interior. Would love to see pics and mods on the car. I would sell the car with Mods, someone on here will pull the trigger, just need the right buyer.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:44 PM

Sorry, been busy with work and haven't checked this site in a while. I'll post pics this weekend.