C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Side Marker Light Install-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2015 | 03:05 PM

2018 GLS 63
Arrow Side Marker Light Install-

I wanted to share this simple mod that I did today.

First off, this couldn't have been any easier to do. I did it in my parking garage dressed for work. It took less than 2 minutes per side and nothing more then wiping my hands off when done.

1) turn your wheels to the far right for your left marker and vice-versa for the right marker

2) I took a putty knife and put it in the seam where the liner hits the wheel well. Just stick it in line with where the marker lines up and pull it out just enough to slide your fingers to the internals

3) Press down on the upper corner closest to your hand which will release the market and pop it right out the front.

4) Twist off the housing connection for the bulb and replace bulb with one of your choice. I went with the Stealth Bulbs but may go with something different.

5) Twist the new bulb connector into the new marker and reverse steps.

*Note- make sure you hold the black plastic backing in place. You'll see it when you pop the marker out. Also, when putting the new marker in, make sure you line up the bottom two connections INTO the two slots on the black plastic piece. If you do not, it will be loose. You'll know it pretty quickly as the marker will move around a lot.

That's it- like I said this takes literally less than 5 minutes to do.

I went with these that I got off of Ebay for $52 for the set. It's still orange but looks better. Maybe there's a lamp that is white instead although it may not pass the test. Looks good otherwise I think.

Good luck!