C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Selling the wife's 2012 CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 01:47 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,856 Posts
2012 CLS63
Sure, if you want to get ripped....again, go to the dealer.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by hyperion667
+1!

I just got my annual animal tax bill......10 bux....but still! I'm getting nickeled and dimed by every damn body
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." - Benjamin Franklin

Years ago, I saw a video that mentioned a person can still become homeless even if one owns the house free and clear. That's right, one gets kicked out by the govt when one cannot pay the tax on the house. Sadly, it happens all the time.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Sure, if you want to get ripped....again, go to the dealer.
Exactly! I used to be able to find a buyer for a nice car at a fair price. What has happened this time I can't explain. Everyone seems to think they should be able to score it for wholesale.

The latest "Will ya take $40 Grand" last night was the end (again without seeing the car). Took the car off the market today. We'll keep it and enjoy it for a while longer. Maybe when guys start having to buy front C.V. Joints, Front diff's, and transfer cases, the market for 2 wheel drive 218 '63's will improve. Maybe not, but screw it. At least I won't have to talk to any more broke *** Millenniums who think they can wish their way into their dream car.

Last edited by GermanCars; 06-01-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:51 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by GermanCars
Exactly! I used to be able to find a buyer for a nice car at a fair price. What has happened this time I can't explain. Everyone seems to think they should be able to score it for wholesale.

The latest "Will ya take $40 Grand" last night was the end (again without seeing the car). Took the car off the market today. We'll keep it and enjoy it for a while longer. Maybe when guys start having to buy front C.V. Joints, Front diff's, and transfer cases, the market for 2 wheel drive 218 '63's will improve. Maybe not, but screw it. At least I won't have to talk to any more broke *** Millenniums who think they can wish their way into their dream car.
Sick of people wanting something for nothing!
Old 06-02-2017, 07:52 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by otakki
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." - Benjamin Franklin

Years ago, I saw a video that mentioned a person can still become homeless even if one owns the house free and clear. That's right, one gets kicked out by the govt when one cannot pay the tax on the house. Sadly, it happens all the time.
So true! My house is paid for yes........and yes.......don't pay the property tax and they could take it away.......absurd.......so sick of everyone and their hand out
Old 06-02-2017, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Yes, lots of able-bodies out there just sitting around waiting for hand-outs. Meanwhile, taxpayers are being worked to death. The situation is the same in Europe and now even worse after they have opened their border. The whole system is all messed up.
Attached Thumbnails Selling the wife's 2012 CLS63-832505ce11f05c37.jpg  
Old 06-04-2017, 04:07 PM

2010 S550 + 2014 CLS63 + 1993 300zx TT + 2014 Pathfinder + 2013 Hyundai Sanata

Hey German, I really love your car man and I think its an awesome deal. I recently purchased a 2014 CLS63 and currently selling a S550. Trust me when I say I understand your frustrations with people trying to get something for nothing. Best advice is this... keep a business attitude no matter how bad the customer insults your car. Keep in mind that you have a product that they want or they wouldn't be reaching out to you. Also have faith that your car is going to sell without giving it away to some loser trying to play you out of your position. The bottom line is this.... if they want a quality car that continues to perform and is easy on the eyes then they need to show you what its worth by paying what's asked. I think your price is reasonable and actually a good deal for what your getting. Make sure you flood the advertising with as many pics as possible and also be sure to quote things like "non smoker" and "one owner". People also love to hear about the car not being exposed to snow due to the salt roads and such. Just a few things that may help you sell it fast and reach more people. I'm putting the word out about your CLS63 because I think its going to be win for somebody. Hope this helps.... I hope your only selling the CLS to get another one LOL!
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (06-04-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Your car is fantastic!
I'm sure you will find the right buyer.
Good luck.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:09 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
Thanks to all for the encouragement, but unless someone comes out of the blue with an offer near 50K, we'll just keep and enjoy it for a while longer. My only real beef with the car (other than the roof not lowering) is the hard *** suspension. I've built and driven road race cars. This isn't a race car, not even a good track car, so why so harsh AMG? So I guess we need to see if KW offers a "old folks" suspension. In reality just something more along the lines of a decent GT-High Speed Driver. And maybe finally get around to a tune.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:30 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by otakki

BTW, is there a cut off date or vin# when the cooling system gets divorced? I thought only '13 E63/CLS63 got that.
I'm answering this same question on this and another thread:

Mercedes split the intercooler coolant from the rest of the engine cooling system after a build date of 12/14/11. Engine numbers at or above 60 008336 are split. Our 4/12 build (Eng # 60 011691) definitely has the extra small coolant reservoir in front of the engine ECU. To check, just remove the engine top center cover. Either you have it or you don't. As stated elsewhere, the older builds can be updated to split the system. Splitting the intercooler system should result in lower intake air temps, more power potential plus less likely to detonate. Even more important if you plan to add a tune & boost the boost

Last edited by GermanCars; 06-14-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:34 PM

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts
MB
I'm answering this same question on this and another thread:

Mercedes split the intercooler coolant from the rest of the engine cooling system after a build date of 12/14/11. Engine numbers at or above 60 008336 are split. Our 4/12 build (Eng # 60 011691) definitely has the extra small coolant reservoir in front of the engine ECU. To check, just remove the engine top center cover. Either you have it or you don't. As stated elsewhere, the older builds can be updated to split the system. Splitting the intercooler system should result in lower intake air temps, more power potential plus less likely to detonate. Even more important if you plan to add a tune & boost the boost
I wish the info on this forum about this retrofit was more consistent. No one has really done the swap and discussed it in detail. I would love to R&D it myself just can't have the car down as its my only car.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM

2020 E450 Wagon
My info comes from the Mercedes Electronic Parts Catalog. I just spent a few minute looking at this again. It's not as straightforward as one would think. Part of the intake charge cooling system is listed with the engine (cooling), the balance listed with the radiator in a different area of the EPC. It would probably take having two cars side by side to sort it out. I'm sure it can be done, but there maybe some trial & error involved sorting out the correct parts needed. The intercooler part number is actually listed different depending on the split, but there may be an easy work-around, such as changing/or pluging a vent line.

By now somebody must have done this. May I suggest you start a new thread as a call-out?

Last edited by GermanCars; 06-19-2017 at 10:55 AM.