C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS63 Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
CLS63 Problem

I'm noticing low rpms when i start the car to the point where it would shut off @ times (especially if I have AC on). Not sure if anyone else got this?

Another problem i'm getting is when i cold start - start driving and switching gears (auto) the car would rumble as if its grinding when shifting gears. When it warms up it is gone!

Going to bring my car in to a indy shop to take a look at it asap! 2017 car and getting these problems

Anyone went through these symptons ?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hedges
I'm noticing low rpms when i start the car to the point where it would shut off @ times (especially if I have AC on). Not sure if anyone else got this?

Another problem i'm getting is when i cold start - start driving and switching gears (auto) the car would rumble as if its grinding when shifting gears. When it warms up it is gone!

Going to bring my car in to a indy shop to take a look at it asap! 2017 car and getting these problems

Im having the same problem! Or at least similar, RPM's drop really low on start and the tac comes back up to idle, then back down to really low. If I put it into gear while its doing this the car will jerk forward, then stop a couple times. This only lasts for a few seconds
Old 07-11-2017, 03:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
I'm noticing low rpms when i start the car to the point where it would shut off @ times (especially if I have AC on). Not sure if anyone else got this

I get something similar, but only when I start the car and immediately put it in gear. If I let it idle for literally 1-2 seconds (or more) I don't have this problem.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by dark mod
Im having the same problem! Or at least similar, RPM's drop really low on start and the tac comes back up to idle, then back down to really low. If I put it into gear while its doing this the car will jerk forward, then stop a couple times. This only lasts for a few seconds
You end up bringing it in to try to fix the problem?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing

Wow, sounds like trans adaptation could help you ..

Let me ask, why indy, when you still have a full warranty?
Old 07-12-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jan AMG
Wow, sounds like trans adaptation could help you ..

Let me ask, why indy, when you still have a full warranty?
For the two problems Engine / Transmission - diagnostic would be about 200-300 each I believe. This doesnt even include fix / labour which i hope will be covered. Worst part is its 1.5months wait time just for service! So i'm stuck!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
For the two problems Engine / Transmission - diagnostic would be about 200-300 each I believe. This doesnt even include fix / labour which i hope will be covered. Worst part is its 1.5months wait time just for service! So i'm stuck!
Either your car is in a factory warranty and then it's free.

If not, the complete diagnostics of all car systems costs around $100USD.

The update up to $200USD.

Then, the trans adaptation is 2 hours job.

Where are you from? 1.5months wait time is unreasonable. You'd better ship your car to an authorized AMG service.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jan AMG
Either your car is in a factory warranty and then it's free.

If not, the complete diagnostics of all car systems costs around $100USD.

The update up to $200USD.

Then, the trans adaptation is 2 hours job.

Where are you from? 1.5months wait time is unreasonable. You'd better ship your car to an authorized AMG service.

I'm in Greater Toronto area! Yea - the cost is not my main issue. Its the 1.5month wait time trust me its frustrating. Had a talk with the service manager so he may slip me in within a couple of days.