C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Subwoofer Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018 | 09:34 PM

2012 CLS 63
Subwoofer Upgrade

before anyone gets angry ive searched all through the forums. i am very aware that a lot of vehicles utilize the harmon kardon log 7 system but it seems the one for the CLS is a little different in terms of how its set up it has a small stock amp and a booster amp as opposed to a single stock amp etc

anyways i Just got a rockford fosgate amp and an alpine type r 12in subwoofer installed and although it sounds better I am wondering if anyone else has added a subwoofer and is there any other steps you took to make it blend better? Did you do any tuning in the COMAND secret menu? did you wire in any equalizer or signal processors? just looking to see how i can get the best bang. ive seen a lot of people modifying sound systems on the E class but the logic 7 on that is slightly different I'm hoping some CLS owners can chime in with their reccommendations
Old 08-08-2018 | 12:02 PM

CLS63AMG W218 • CM7 Accord • '13 Yamaha R1
Don't know too much about sound systems. But I did go to a few shops as I was looking to install two 12" subs in the trunk. I told them I wanted to keep all the stock functionalities/head-unit and they recommended a high-low converter. For lower quality stock sound systems you can easily buy one for $5-25, but they all recommend the AudioControl 2XS . Hope this helps!