C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Racingbrake 2pc Rotor Kit REVIEW: CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018 | 07:28 PM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Racingbrake 2pc Rotor Kit REVIEW: CLS63

Just wanted to post a review on the RB 2pc Rotor Kit for my CLS63.
I researched a lot of rotors and pad set ups as a lot of us will do before making a purchase of this amount. Also read a ton of posts on here, which were also extremely helpful.
I finally decided to changed out my stock MB Rotor's and pads with the RB set up and I could not be more pleased with my decision. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall firmness or Controlled pedal feel of the pads to the Rotor and also how smoothly the car now comes to a stop. I have not experienced anything but smooth stops and the front end almost seems a little lighter or for sure easier to stop and control. I feel very in control on the car when coming to a stop.
Also, have had no brake squeak at all which I was for sure nervous about....that gets under my skin and could no way live with a squeaky brake!!!!!
The Rotors were also extremely easy to break in as the information from RB around this process is very easy to read and understand. No extra lubrication, etc.......Just the std break in process.
Overall, I am very pleased with the entire set up and will be using this on my other cars as soon as they are needed.
One last thing.....I also found the entire team at RB extremely helpful in working with me and walking me through the exact products needed for my car. Warren in particular was great to work with. He also responded very quickly with any questions and I had a ton in the beginning as this is the first time I have ever considered putting anything other than a non MB part on my car, but after much research, I am convinced I selected the perfect product for my car.
I would highly recommend Racingbrake products and the entire team!

Last edited by Snowbird1; 11-03-2018 at 08:10 AM. Reason: add pics
The following 2 users liked this post by Snowbird1:
amgboy916 (11-06-2018), CLS63Matt (11-12-2018)