C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Renntech ECU tune vs Others?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLS63
Renntech ECU tune vs Others?

Just curious if anyone has raced a CLS63 with a Renntech tune against another CLS63 with someone else's tune, curious about the results. Not interested in hearing how expensive Renntech is.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP, Renntech
Not all cars make the same exact power so comparing them without doing it on the exact same car would be a waste of time. Too many variables comparingA car to B car. I Have a renntech stage 2 tune dont think its any better than the others on the market. It may not even be as good as now. As a lot of tuners have modified there tune as time has went on. I will never buy another Renntech Product they dont care about anything but making money
The following users liked this post:
RussZTT (03-30-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 08:01 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by LaunchPad
Not all cars make the same exact power so comparing them without doing it on the exact same car would be a waste of time. Too many variables comparingA car to B car. I Have a renntech stage 2 tune dont think its any better than the others on the market. It may not even be as good as now. As a lot of tuners have modified there tune as time has went on. I will never buy another Renntech Product they dont care about anything but making money
Its really just a straight forward question, 2 like cars with different tunes that have raced. Not building a rocket ship that has no room for error. As far as Renntech, my car came with the tune, I emailed them a few times verifying the tune and a few other questions, Always received a quick helpful response. As far as their pricing, thats an entirely different conversation.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:28 PM

2012 CLS63 PP, Renntech
Some Renntech tuned cars have beat other tuned cars and vice versa There is not one tune that will beat all others. Im about to flash my car with a different tune because I have catless downpipes and Renntech wont help me get rid of the cel,.They even denied that made catless downpipes outright to me when I have photos of them on my instagram. Not sure what you are trying to figure out but the differences are going to be small
Old 04-02-2019, 08:33 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by LaunchPad
Some Renntech tuned cars have beat other tuned cars and vice versa There is not one tune that will beat all others. Im about to flash my car with a different tune because I have catless downpipes and Renntech wont help me get rid of the cel,.They even denied that made catless downpipes outright to me when I have photos of them on my instagram. Not sure what you are trying to figure out but the differences are going to be small
Just curious how different tuners stack up against each other, why pay 3500.00 for Renntech if some eBay (hypothetical) tuned CLS63 was beating out others.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:24 PM

2012 CLS63 PP, Renntech
AMS, Eurocharge.Weistec.OE tuning and RaceIq are what 99% of guys are using. Most of them are priced similar -Its a matter of preference.
The following users liked this post:
LandToSea (05-16-2019)