C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Advice needed, thanks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls 63
Advice needed, thanks

I brought my 2012 cls 63 amg into this dealership in 01/23 for repair. My car wasn't starting at all. The service advisor promised me free loaner car at the day, I didn't take since I thought it would be fixed within a week. After a week, the service advisor told me the ecu and prefuse box needs to be replaced. According to the estimate, the ecu will cost $1469, fuse box $725. The advisor also promised a 20% off discount on the parts. I agreed and authorized them to order the parts for me. However, it's been about 2 months, they keep telling me there is no update on the order status. The past 2 months was very inconvenient for me since my car is at dealership. So, I contact them on 03/15 to ask a free loaner car as they were promised before. Bur the advisor told me they can only cover 2 days for the loaner car and I have to pay for the rest days. So, I asked them to provide me an exact date that I can get my car repaired, they refused and told me to call MBusa to ask by myself. The CustomerService at MBusa also said they can't do anything about my situation. I don't know when I will get my car repaired, and the repair will cost me around $2000. Thus, I filed a complaint on CA consumer broad and DMV on 03/22. This morning I receive a call from the dealership telling me my car is ready for picking up. Only 2 business days after my complaint and my car is ready. This is ridiculous since they keep telling me the parts need to be shipped from German. However, they haven't mentioned anything about comoensation. I'm thinking if I need to ask them about the compensation before picking up my car? Or I just simply wait for CA consumer broad or DMV to contact me according to my complaint? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by allenliu0915; 03-27-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:10 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Good grief what an ordeal eh? I'd make sure to request a test drive with a tech, or the tech manager to make sure the repair is to your liking......if it is, I'd settle up and never return there again. the work will be covered by warranty right? How many choices do you have when it comes to service? Shop around and continue a dialogue with whomever you're complaining with to see if you can't reach some sort of resolution. Good luck, let us know how you make out.
Hope you get the thing back!
Old 03-27-2019, 10:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by allenliu0915
I brought my 2012 cls 63 amg into this dealership in 01/23 for repair. My car wasn't starting at all. The service advisor promised me free loaner car at the day, I didn't take since I thought it would be fixed within a week. After a week, the service advisor told me the ecu and prefuse box needs to be replaced. According to the estimate, the ecu will cost $1469, fuse box $725. The advisor also promised a 20% off discount on the parts. I agreed and authorized them to order the parts for me. However, it's been about 2 months, they keep telling me there is no update on the order status. The past 2 months was very inconvenient for me since my car is at dealership. So, I contact them on 03/15 to ask a free loaner car as they were promised before. Bur the advisor told me they can only cover 2 days for the loaner car and I have to pay for the rest days. So, I asked them to provide me an exact date that I can get my car repaired, they refused and told me to call MBusa to ask by myself. The CustomerService at MBusa also said they can't do anything about my situation. I don't know when I will get my car repaired, and the repair will cost me around $2000. Thus, I filed a complaint on CA consumer broad and DMV on 03/22. This morning I receive a call from the dealership telling me my car is ready for picking up. Only 2 business days after my complaint and my car is ready. This is ridiculous since they keep telling me the parts need to be shipped from German. However, they haven't mentioned anything about comoensation. I'm thinking if I need to ask them about the compensation before picking up my car? Or I just simply wait for CA consumer broad or DMV to contact me according to my complaint? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Bro, you have no idea the degree to which this sounds crazy. I wish you had posted on here to ask for advise before even taking your car to that dealership. That dealership sounds so shady that it looks like it wasn't your ecu that was the problem. Even if it was there are people I have seen on this thread that have been buying ECU's for like $500. Your problem could be as easy as a starter or camshaft issue. What were the symtoms when you said the car doesn't start? Did it click without cranking? Where there lights on the dashboard? Did you have a check engine light?
You can report them to the better business bureau too. Ask the for the receipt and proof that they paid for an ECU from germany. Then scrutinize all the parts of the invoice they gave you. What did they charge you for labor? What parts show up on the invoice that they claim they bought and replaced?
The following users liked this post:
amgboy916 (03-28-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 03:09 PM

Cls 63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Good grief what an ordeal eh? I'd make sure to request a test drive with a tech, or the tech manager to make sure the repair is to your liking......if it is, I'd settle up and never return there again. the work will be covered by warranty right? How many choices do you have when it comes to service? Shop around and continue a dialogue with whomever you're complaining with to see if you can't reach some sort of resolution. Good luck, let us know how you make out.
Hope you get the thing back!
The sad thing is my warranty is expired, so I need to pay by myself. I will definitely not going to that spot anymore. Right now I'm waiting for the CA Consumer Broad agent to talk to them. Probably I will hear from them on next week.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Cls 63
There is completely nothing happens when I press start button. I already filed a complaint on BBB but the dealer just not replying. Thanks for letting me know asking them for the receipt, appreciated.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Bro, you go the situation sorted out?