Frustrated...Need Advice Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by france2112
Renntech has a TCU tune that supposedly will address a good majority of this but it is $2,600! I would consider it but I find it hard to believe that no one has tried it and is raving about it here on the forums? This is a know issue with our platform and the W212 E63 with the same engine and transmission. If it was so good why do we not hear about people recommending it? I do not want to take a chance with $2,600 just to be disappointed. Plus they told me that doing the TCU tune by itself does not help that much and it must be in conjunction with their ECU tune...ugh. I was planning on them doing the ECU anyway but why will the TCU tune not help without the ECU tune. Just does not ad up to me. WTF, Tesla can launch like a mother****er, Porsche 911 Turbo/Turbo S jumps hard with launch control, why the hell can't Mercedes figure a cost effective way to reinforce the transmission for us to not have to have a friggin' lag off the line. Pisses me off!

I agree, MERCEDES is stupid to give an transmission that cannot handle the torque of the engine it’s oaired with lol

that tcu tune from renntech probably doesn’t do ****, that’s why you don’t hear anyone saying the LAG is gone with it.

Realistically i I don’t think anyone really figured it out and even if they did you probably would need supporting hardware to ensure the transmission stays reliable. This is the reason I’m now looking at the new m5. That zf8 transmission is perfect for the power and no issues like this one has...

i think the new w213 e63 launches a little harder but it still has a stupid lag on it just not as bad.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X4M, G80 M3
CLS63 are a great car when tuned properly
Look at this beast E63

View this post on Instagram