C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Engine oil over heating??reservoir cap spill marks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019 | 02:30 AM

CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
Engine oil over heating??reservoir cap spill marks

Need some help from the experts here but basically my engine oil temps are higher then what they should normally be. the temp does not get hot enough to have to shut down the engine but its gets up to 233 degrees F. yes I have mods but nothing was done to the cooling system. Since no one was pushing the coolant upgrades and majority of the mods dont require them so I didnt do it.
during normal driving it can go to 200-216F.

Now I remember when I bought the car new, (and the was car stock) i had noticed around the reservoir tank cap there was white coolant spill marks and also one hose was lose and this still happens now even after the mods. I had the hose fixed but they said it could have been air in the line from the bad hose.

my question is has anyone else had this issue or know what it could be? Could it be the thermostat valve inside the pipe isnt opening and closing when it should? I did run a compression test on the engine and every cylinder held compression and the lowest and highest was all within 10% of each other, and still had some compression left even 24hrs after the engine was turned off.