C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Problems with the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 10:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
Problems with the car

Hey guys - i will try to explain this as best as possible. I did end up bringing this car to the dealer and they were not able to replicate the issue . This happens several times a day too - so they did full test and even diagnostic and found nothing!

When daily driving the car and it warms up -at certain times i would accelerate and it stops accelerating alltogether (gas on pedal and no power) . I noticed my gauge that the gear would be blinking ie 3rd gear and it's blinking with no change in gear (happened in 3rd sometimes or 4th or 5th) when its changing gears as your accelerating it just starts blinking and sudden no power to wheels despite putting down the pedal. This would be in about 3-4 seconds in this"stuck" mode before it starts accelerating again. The gauge shows the gear going back to the gear without any more blinking and it goes on as if its normal.

Its dangerous beacuse when i am at red light i start to accelerate and out of the blue it just stops accelerating as if my car is just moving along like stuck in gear with no power to wheels . It would happen once and won't happen again until maybe an hour or so later.

Last edited by Hedges; 05-29-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by Hedges
Hey guys - i will try to explain this as best as possible. I did end up bringing this car to the dealer and they were not able to replicate the issue . This happens several times a day too - so they did full test and even diagnostic and found nothing!

When daily driving the car and it warms up -at certain times i would accelerate and it stops accelerating alltogether (gas on pedal and no power) . I noticed my gauge that the gear would be blinking ie 3rd gear and it's blinking with no change in gear (happened in 3rd sometimes or 4th or 5th) when its changing gears as your accelerating it just starts blinking and sudden no power to wheels despite putting down the pedal. This would be in about 3-4 seconds in this"stuck" mode before it starts accelerating again. The gauge shows the gear going back to the gear without any more blinking and it goes on as if its normal.

Its dangerous beacuse when i am at red light i start to accelerate and out of the blue it just stops accelerating as if my car is just moving along like stuck in gear with no power to wheels . It would happen once and won't happen again until maybe an hour or so later.
The dealer should have reflashed your TCU software before giving your car back to you. Try this and let us know if it still persist. http://www.mercedesmedic.com/reset-m...-instructions/
Old 05-30-2019, 09:26 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
Same thing has been happening! Tried resetting it. Will try resetting it again and see how it goes.

Still get a 3-4 second pause in acceleration with display of which gear it is on blinking at the random odd times!