Ticking/Knocking on cold start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 09:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 CLS63 AMG S-Model
Ticking/Knocking on cold start

Hey Everyone,

Had a question with my 15 CLS63s! Since the vehicle was new, there was ticking on cold starts. I mentioned this once to service, and was told it's normal and not to worry about it (should stop once warmed up). I also noticed this from inside the cabing (while driving on a cold start) around 45-52km/h.

Anyways, since Oct 2015, I've put around 81,000km on it (it's been great), however it could be in my head, but I think the ticking is getting worse. Today I woke up, had the ticking going to the gym. After the car was off for 2 hours, I started it after the gym and actually heard almost knocking. There's a chance this has always been there, just didn't notice it cuz I usually have sound cranked.

I got out, opened the hood and heard the usual ticking and as well as a knocking along with the ticking, a light knock. After driving the vehicle and warming up, the sounds inside the cabin were gone.

I've done research before and heard conflicting information. Some say it's normal, some say it's not. I just paid for the extended warranty, just cuz I always do.

Can anyone shed light? Normal, not?

Cheers