C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Looking for new break pads for my 2012 cls63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 03:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 cls 63 amg s
Looking for new break pads for my 2012 cls63

Hello, I just purchased a 2012 CLS 63 however I need to get new brake pads for the front and back in order to pass New York inspection. Ive been looking on rockauto.com for pads as they seem to have great prices but im really having trouble choosing the right pads for me. I also don’t know whether or not I should go with ceramic or a semi metallic pads because of the colder climate that I live in and how that would affect stop performance. With this car I drive it pretty hard, accelerating and stopping hard quite often. I was going to buy Centric pq pro semi metalic pads however I didn’t hear such good things from reviews on other forums. Rockauto also has Powerstop z26 carbon fiber ceramic performance pads as well, which seem quite good as they are listed as a step above the centric pq pro pads that they list as premium pads. However, rockauto only has the z26 pads for the front and not the rear, not sure if its a good idea to go with Powerstop z16 ceramic pads in the rear with z26’s in the front. Does anyone have a suggestion for what pads might be reasonable for my purposes. I’m not looking to buy oem pads as they are ridiculously expensive. Looking to spend $150 more or less in total for new pads all around.

Thank You,
Jace