C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Android screen 10.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63
Android screen 10.5

Question... has anyone installed this unit recently? I’ve been reading and it seems like there was a lot of bugs before. Trying to install it in a 2012 CLS. TIA.
https://torinoautoparts.com/shop/aut...SABEgLvevD_BwE

Last edited by Major826; 04-05-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by Major826
Question... has anyone installed this unit recently? I’ve been reading and it seems like there was a lot of bugs before. Trying to install it in a 2012 CLS. TIA.
https://torinoautoparts.com/shop/aut...SABEgLvevD_BwE

following
Old 04-14-2020, 08:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Bro you should have gone with https://www.dmpcardes********/ It is about the same thing if not better, for cheaper and you get full support from them.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:27 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh
Bro you should have gone with https://www.dmpcardes********/ It is about the same thing if not better, for cheaper and you get full support from them.
yeah...DMP is awesome. i bought mine almost a year ago and i can still get in touch with them via WhatsApp if i have any issues.

as far as install...its not too hard but taking the center console apart to run the aux wire to your armrest is a B TCH!!! but highly worth it...
Old 04-16-2020, 12:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS550
Mav - Does the unit have android auto, and or does it utilize google maps? IF so does it have to be connected to your phone?

How are the install instructions? I really want to buy one ... but dont want to loose any functionality out of all the buttons in the car etc.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:40 PM

CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by Marcopolo15
Mav - Does the unit have android auto, and or does it utilize google maps? IF so does it have to be connected to your phone?

How are the install instructions? I really want to buy one ... but dont want to loose any functionality out of all the buttons in the car etc.
so...i have the Android 7 that has an external dongle that connects your phone to use CarPlay/Android Auto. it was an extra charge, as well. however, the new model that they sell on DMP is Android 10 and the wireless connectivity for Auto/CarPlay comes with it. im actually planning to go ahead and upgrade because the wireless dongle can be sketchy at times with stuttering/loss of signal.

as far as the using the nav thats on the tablet, itself...i wasnt very interested in where i placed the GPS on install, so google maps dont really work all that well. doesnt really matter to me as im always using Waze via CarPlay.

lastly, youre not going to lose any functionality of the buttons. all of the buttons....steering wheel, iDrive and radio....all still work.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:12 AM
w1s

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 63 AMG
Hello guys, I did some googling about these screens a while ago. Somehow they all look like those aliexpress ones, that are cheaper (not talking about quality). I would like to buy one as well. I'm just afraid I would pay for something from a company that imports those screens, and sell them for a higher price. I could be wrong though.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:17 AM

CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by w1s
Hello guys, I did some googling about these screens a while ago. Somehow they all look like those aliexpress ones, that are cheaper (not talking about quality). I would like to buy one as well. I'm just afraid I would pay for something from a company that imports those screens, and sell them for a higher price. I could be wrong though.
go with DMP. the extra couple hundred bucks will be worth it when you run across a problem and they are there to walk you through it. trust me...
Old 06-16-2020, 10:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
W218 CLS 400
Originally Posted by 1MavRick
yeah...DMP is awesome. i bought mine almost a year ago and i can still get in touch with them via WhatsApp if i have any issues.

as far as install...its not too hard but taking the center console apart to run the aux wire to your armrest is a B TCH!!! but highly worth it...

Can you please!!!! Please!!!! Help me!
That's all I need help with is removing the ashtray, cup holder, and command knob.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:56 PM

W218 CLS 400
Originally Posted by 1MavRick
so...i have the Android 7 that has an external dongle that connects your phone to use CarPlay/Android Auto. it was an extra charge, as well. however, the new model that they sell on DMP is Android 10 and the wireless connectivity for Auto/CarPlay comes with it. im actually planning to go ahead and upgrade because the wireless dongle can be sketchy at times with stuttering/loss of signal.

as far as the using the nav thats on the tablet, itself...i wasnt very interested in where i placed the GPS on install, so google maps dont really work all that well. doesnt really matter to me as im always using Waze via CarPlay.

lastly, youre not going to lose any functionality of the buttons. all of the buttons....steering wheel, iDrive and radio....all still work.
With the new unit all I see is "music" on the dash and I don't have steering controls
Next track and back do nothing. Also voice command triggers both audio 20 and take the unit to Google maps which sucks. It does work when using the regular radio but I don't have steering controls in Android auto
Old 06-16-2020, 10:59 PM

W218 CLS 400
I have a video on youtube

I put a video up of the install and how to get into the dash. I couldn't get the armrest apart to run my wires but I go through the part of getting it running.