C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Wheel and Tire sizes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63S AMG - E36 M3(S52) - Toyota Sequoia - Malibu Wakesetter 21LSV
Question Wheel and Tire sizes

Hey there, new w218 owner here! I'm looking to do some cosmetic mods to the car IE suspension and wheels right off the bat.

I'm leaning towards the KW height adjustable springs to lower the car about an inch or two. The reason for going with lower springs instead of full blown coilovers is because I don't want to mess with the air suspension in the back of the car and have it break.

What I'm really having an issue with is finding the right wheel specs to fit a 2014 CLS63. I want to go with 20" wheels for sure. What I'm not sure about is the width and offset specs to make the car sit flush with the rims and tires.

If anyone out there has a set of high end aftermarket wheels (HRE, BRIXTON, VOSSEN, VORSTEINER) and knows their specs I'd be grateful for a little bit of insight!

Old 10-07-2020, 07:42 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by TheV8Garage
Hey there, new w218 owner here! I'm looking to do some cosmetic mods to the car IE suspension and wheels right off the bat.

I'm leaning towards the KW height adjustable springs to lower the car about an inch or two. The reason for going with lower springs instead of full blown coilovers is because I don't want to mess with the air suspension in the back of the car and have it break.

What I'm really having an issue with is finding the right wheel specs to fit a 2014 CLS63. I want to go with 20" wheels for sure. What I'm not sure about is the width and offset specs to make the car sit flush with the rims and tires.

If anyone out there has a set of high end aftermarket wheels (HRE, BRIXTON, VOSSEN, VORSTEINER) and knows their specs I'd be grateful for a little bit of insight!
if you look in THIS THREAD ...you'll get a good idea of the different offsets/tire sizes that everyone is running and how they look on the cars. i had a set of GMR Wheels custom made that I am having mounted tomorrow...and i struggled with whether to go with 19s or 20s. in the end...i went with 19's because of comfort and i look the look of a beefier wheel that a slight larger aspect ratio gives you.

from my research, it seems folks with 20's were usually running 20x9/ET25 in front mated to 255/30's and 20x11/ET 32 running 285 or 305/25's in the rear. there are some folks like @CLS63Matt that have gotten really aggressive and have a 20x11.5 and 315 tire in the back. but us mortals usually stick with the above formula.

also....THIS WEBSITE is a really good resource to see if youre going in the right direction with the fitment. let us know your progress and welcome!!!
Old 10-08-2020, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 222 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by TheV8Garage
If you are referring to KW HAS... the kit only provides adjustable sleeves and coil springs for the front of the car. If you want to lower this car you HAVE to "mess with the air suspension". KW HAS comes with adjustable links to lower the rear.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:36 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Welcome to the CLS
Lets see some pics!

Old 10-08-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1MavRick
if you look in THIS THREAD ...you'll get a good idea of the different offsets/tire sizes that everyone is running and how they look on the cars. i had a set of GMR Wheels custom made that I am having mounted tomorrow...and i struggled with whether to go with 19s or 20s. in the end...i went with 19's because of comfort and i look the look of a beefier wheel that a slight larger aspect ratio gives you.

from my research, it seems folks with 20's were usually running 20x9/ET25 in front mated to 255/30's and 20x11/ET 32 running 285 or 305/25's in the rear. there are some folks like @CLS63Matt that have gotten really aggressive and have a 20x11.5 and 315 tire in the back. but us mortals usually stick with the above formula.

also....THIS WEBSITE is a really good resource to see if youre going in the right direction with the fitment. let us know your progress and welcome!!!

Thank you so much for the links! I will definitely be combing through them.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rehabguy
If you are referring to KW HAS... the kit only provides adjustable sleeves and coil springs for the front of the car. If you want to lower this car you HAVE to "mess with the air suspension". KW HAS comes with adjustable links to lower the rear.
Right, correct you are. I just wanted to emphasize that I didn't want to go full on coilover and remove the air suspension parts.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Welcome to the CLS
Lets see some pics!

The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (10-08-2020)