C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Anyone tried these Valvetronic Design Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2021 | 06:48 PM

2013 CLS550 & 2019 Silverado
Anyone tried these Valvetronic Design Mufflers?

Hi Everyone,

Recently while surfing the web for exhaust systems for my CLS550 I ran across Valvetronic Designs universal fit mufflers that that have a built in cutout controlled by a vacuum pump that is supplied with the kit and two remote key fobs to use for opening and closing the cutout valves. Read everything they had on their site and watched thee videos and was impressed enough to place an order. Should hopefully be getting them in in the next week. Was wondering if anyone has put these in their cars. If so how did they sound and are you happy with them. For the price they are not cheap but compare to any of the systems available for Mercedes from the major players this is a great deal. It costs me a little under $800 for both mufflers. Let me know what you guys think and if you have these on your car and how you like

This is the Valvetronic Design Mufflers
them.

Thanks

Last edited by LvnInHB; 09-06-2021 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2021 | 05:58 PM

CLS AMG 63S
Please post details i.e. fitment and sound when you get them. Interested.
Old 09-17-2021 | 04:03 PM

2013 CLS550 & 2019 Silverado
Originally Posted by swcreorg
Please post details i.e. fitment and sound when you get them. Interested.
Hey there. So I got these in and had then installed. They fit perfectly in the same area where the stock mufflers were. I had a shop do the welding portion of the install and I did the rest, which basically consisted of running the vacuum hose from the provided vacuum pump to the two mufflers. I placed the pump in the spare tire well of the car and drilled a small hole to run the hose through. I use a rubber grommet in the hole so as to not have sharp edges that would cut through the tubing and to keep water or debris from getting inside the area. Everything was pretty much simple to do. The vaccum pump comes with a 12v plug that plugs in to a 12 volt plug in the trunk of my Mercedes. So simple. The two remote controls you get are the best I've seen. They are made from quality metal and feel heavy in your hand. They work great and control the vaccum pump with no problem.
Now, for how it sounds. Before I put these on, I had done a muffler delete and both resonator delete and I actually liked the way my car sounded. The only thing I wanted was to be able to quite them down when I wanted to keep a low profile. But the sound and the backfire and popping I really liked. After installing these mufflers, with the valves closed the car sounded like a stock CLS550 with a slight sound coming when you punched it. With the valves open you can hear the exhaust come alive, and more importantly the sound of the turbos is so much better. However, it did quite the sound somewhat considerably than what it was before even with the valves open and at full throttle. Which is disappointing for me because I wanted that loud exhaust sound.
I let a friend drive it while I stood on the sidewalk to hear it as he went by and it sounds great, it's actually pretty loud when you hear it going by, just when I'm in the car that it seams quieter than before. All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I wish it was a little bit louder and more aggressive but I can live with it. It's a very nice system and the quality is second to none in my opinion. I'll put some pictures up so you all can see
sorry I didn't get a picture of the vaccum pump as it's installed by the spare tire and I have my subwoofer box back in and didn't want to take it all back out. ☹️

Valvetronic Design muffler in my 13 CLS550

The remote control. You get two of these and the quality is excellent.

Old 09-17-2021 | 04:47 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63