C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2012 CLS 63 AMG problem, P2187 lean code bank1 at idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG Performance package
Unhappy 2012 CLS 63 AMG problem, P2187 lean code bank1 at idle

Hello, I have 2012 CLS 63 AMG, the engine is newly rebuilt, it throws P2187 (lean condition at idle bank 1), this problem also was before engine rebuilt, tried so many things list is below:
I speak english, russian and georgian, some of the texts in video are in russian and I can translate if needed
It throws P2187 (system too lean at idle bank 1)
with full engine rebuilt, changed so many details to fix this problem:
Tried 3 pairs of all the injectors
Tried 3 pairs of high pressure fuel pumps
Changed fuel pump - passenger side under back seat
Changed several pairs of O2 sensors, also swapped right to left
Changed ECU
Performed smoke test on the engine - no leak
Changed intake manifold
Changes spark plugs and Ignition coils (babina)
Changed exhaust manifold gaskets, they were leaking but - nothing changed
Trying to fix this problem for already 7 months, please help.
some additional symptoms: sometimes it takes about 10 seconds cranking and then starts the engine, sometimes it starts in a second,
on cold engine misfires are so bad and engine is shaking, (engine mounts are new)
when cold, when I try to put in D and start driving, car starts shaking and rev jumps up and down, (changed transmission clutch but no difference)
Old 04-10-2023, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
omg,
please repost in w212 amg section, more active from here,
first why you did an engine rebuild?
usually system lean on one bank mean air leak or bad injectors/pump, i see that you have done all tests, but this code can be thrown from bad idling/shaking/misfiring,
what you described up on cold starts the engine needs more cranking to start, i suspect bad new spark plugs, from where did you bought them, cause there are many Chinese copy plugs rebadged to OEM or Bosch..., i buy plugs only from MB dealer.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG Performance package
I bought this car with status: engine needs rebuild, when I took it to car repair for tests it didn't even start, flywheen was broken and stuck :| so decided to open and see what was inside, crankshaft was bent, 1 camshaft needed to change, 5 rods bent, also changed: timing belt and camshaft positioners...
no idea where to find problem, can it be difference in compressions or sth similar caused by engine itself?
the only thing I haven't changed in fuel delivery is module which contains filter (behind the driver seat) and hoses...
firstly bought spark plugs from mb dealership, then had idea mb it was not working properly and tried another spark plugs from running well car, but didn't help.
this car was already to about 8 different service center to find the problem, but no results... even official mb