C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

My 2012 CLS 63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 W218 CLS 63 AMG
My 2012 CLS 63 AMG

This is my 2012 W218 CLS 63 AMG. I got this car in July of last year with almost 31,000 miles, and have put around 5000 miles on it. My first car was a 2006 CLS 500, and that car made me fall in love with the four door coupe styling. It took me almost a year of actively searching for a CLS 63 AMG to buy until I found this one. From the whole year of searching, this was the most highly optioned car that I saw, and was also in amazing condition. I was able to get an option sheet from my local dealership, which I have attached below. This was the only car for sale I saw with Designo Classic Red interior, and also the LSD. I originally wanted a Diamond White car, but I could not pass this one up. My CLS 500 was black, and it was always so dirty and it was hard to keep clean. My CLS 500 also had cream interior, which I hated. I would have been happy with any interior that was not cream. The car is completely unmodified, besides the last owner having the wheels repainted. Regarding modifications, I would love to lower it and get spacers for a more aggressive stance. I feel like it is hard to find wheels that fit the style of these cars well, especially when the stock wheels already look so good. The Yokohama Advan AVS Model T5 are my dream wheels, but it is extremely hard to find them with the right bolt pattern and spec, and they are extremely light, so it would be easy for them to be cracked under a heavy car. The exhaust is also quiet, so maybe a resonator delete would be good as well. The car has never had any problems, and has been great to me so far. When I got it the car still had its originally batteries, which started giving me a light to replace, which I had done. New pads, rotors, and tires were needed too. I opted in for Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires, they are a lot quieter and more comfy. This car is my daily driver, and this switch has made driving much more enjoyable. I do not see myself ever selling this car, and I hope to keep it forever. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the car, and a picture of my CLS 500. If anyone has some fun knowledge about these cars or any tips for ownership, feel free to comment. Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
TooManyIDs (03-11-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 07:42 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2012 CLS550
Congrats on your new purchase! I like that color combo. I did the resonator delete, left the 2 cats though. With a tune it's an entirely different car. If you just want to change the way it looks, new wheels are an easy one. Maybe paint the badges red, tint the windows, new spoiler, etc. I drove mine every day for a couple of years after it was tuned. Zero problems. Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2024, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 W218 CLS 63 AMG
Thank you! How was the drone after the resonator delete? Too much drone can give me headaches, especially if it's during longer drives. I've heard cold starts and revs of cars with the resonator delete and it sounds great and doesn't sound too loud, but my only worry is the drone.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:22 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Looks great man, congrats and welcome to the forums
I love mine too, just about to pass 78K, bought new and finally replacing the rotors and pads (for the first time) tomorrow along with a brake flush and an oil change

Keep it clean!

Last edited by hyperion667; 03-06-2024 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2012 CLS550
Originally Posted by bladee
Thank you! How was the drone after the resonator delete? Too much drone can give me headaches, especially if it's during longer drives. I've heard cold starts and revs of cars with the resonator delete and it sounds great and doesn't sound too loud, but my only worry is the drone.
I have no drone. Deleted all 4 resonators. 2 of them look like cats, but they're actually resonators. 2.5" piping from the cats and nothing else. Obviously on a cold start it's deep and loud, but it settles down when it warms up. It really only makes noise from a stoplight or when you're getting on it. On the highway I have zero drone. But that's because the engine never spins past 1850RPM so it never really works hard. Even when I have the cruise control on at 80mph, it spins around 1800. If you're running around at 3000 RPM then, yeah, you'll drone.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C63s
Drain Gang