C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Center console heating up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Center console heating up

Figured out a problem I was having with the center console (between the driver and passenger side and where the cup holder and shift is). Turns out the sides of my center console were getting hot as heck, but figured out that it had to do with the kids having turned up the heat in the back seat.

I will talk with MB service tomorrow to get a fix on why this is happening and what the solution is, but at least I've tracked down where the heat was coming from.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
so was it just the heat from the back seats? ive noticed on every MB ive owned that the center console heats up or is warm. i figured it had to do with the automatic transmission thats basically under there. im curious as to what MB said when you asked about this.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 PM

2012 Diavel
The exact same thing was occurring after delivery. When I checked the rear heaters were of full blast. There is also a vent switch in the box to control air flow.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
so was it just the heat from the back seats? ive noticed on every MB ive owned that the center console heats up or is warm. i figured it had to do with the automatic transmission thats basically under there. im curious as to what MB said when you asked about this.
Glad to see we're on speaking terms again

Actually, the car is in with MB today for it's 1000 mile check up, but I figured out what keeps happening. It is, as someone else just pointed out, a case of someone in the back seat cranking up the rear seat heat and it must be that the ducts flow through the center console and there is simply not be enough insultation.

Funny thing is, it actually serves as a great hand warmer in the winter time. My concern was that I'd be sweating my cajones off come summer if the heat was generated from something other than the heating system, because it really gets pretty freakin warm.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Almost a Member!

E55/BMW X54.4/Porsche 914-6 2.8
I had the exact problem and when I opened the console everything in it was HOT. Turns out my little daugter had turned the heat up in the back to 82. Drove me crazy until I figured it out.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bikr Boy
I had the exact problem and when I opened the console everything in it was HOT. Turns out my little daugter had turned the heat up in the back to 82. Drove me crazy until I figured it out.
I'm just surprised they don't do a better job of insulating the console.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:03 PM

too many to list
This was also the case with my S600. I noticed the armrest almost burned me one day, the rear heat was on. I was baffled.