CLS55 AMG designo Packages?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something on 4 wheels..
CLS55 AMG designo Packages?

Hi,

Just checked the CLS-brochure and found out that the CLS will be available in designo-colors/packages.

Does anybody know when that will be ("delayed availability") and what colors we might get (designo mocha black)?

Thanks for any info!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Hi,

Just checked the CLS-brochure and found out that the CLS will be available in designo-colors/packages.

Does anybody know when that will be ("delayed availability") and what colors we might get (designo mocha black)?

Thanks for any info!
performance pack is available for june production on. it will cost 8.9k and will include 2 piece wheels, composite brakes from the 65's, alcantera steering wheel, lowered nurburgring suspension, modified suspension mounting point and the side vent front grill.

SLK get a performance pack as well and it will run 6-7k and the SL55 performance pack include additional oil and trans coolers in addition to everything seen on the 65's (sans motor) and costs 12.5k.

talk about a nice car but 9k is a goo chunk of change.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:30 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Thanks!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
performance pack is available for june production on. it will cost 8.9k and will include 2 piece wheels, composite brakes from the 65's, alcantera steering wheel, lowered nurburgring suspension, modified suspension mounting point and the side vent front grill.

SLK get a performance pack as well and it will run 6-7k and the SL55 performance pack include additional oil and trans coolers in addition to everything seen on the 65's (sans motor) and costs 12.5k.

talk about a nice car but 9k is a goo chunk of change.
Wow, thanks! Seems to me that the AMG Performance Pack is more than just a rumor. BTW, who gave you this detailed info, especially about the date of availability? The sales-manager of my dealership doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about when I'm refering to order-code 030, so it would be great if I could present some facts (maybe the name of the dealership or whatever your source is).

Do you also know anything about the availibility of the DESIGNO-packages (color/date), because I was actually inquiring about this DESIGNO-topic..

But thank you once again, your post was very helpful anyway..
Old 04-29-2005, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Wow, thanks! Seems to me that the AMG Performance Pack is more than just a rumor. BTW, who gave you this detailed info, especially about the date of availability? The sales-manager of my dealership doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about when I'm refering to order-code 030, so it would be great if I could present some facts (maybe the name of the dealership or whatever your source is).

Do you also know anything about the availibility of the DESIGNO-packages (color/date), because I was actually inquiring about this DESIGNO-topic..

But thank you once again, your post was very helpful anyway..
this was all from the mouth of Robert Allan -- Manager of Product Management for AMG North America.

I forgot to mention the car has a 30% locking LSD as well

check the E55 forum for the actual dealer info sheet where it has the listing of the items included in the package.

but it is for sure avail for june proudction and later. it should be a great package but it still is 10% of the cars total price. add this to the 10k in options you can get already and the 6k for the designo paint and that is one really expensive CLS. Maybe a normal CLS and a second race car for the track is a better investment. oh heck with it just get all the toys and have the best CLS around!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:38 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
oh heck with it just get all the toys and have the best CLS around!!!
Thanks, you got that right! :v