C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Finally got the wife signed on to the CLS look.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Finally got the wife signed on to the CLS look.

Been showing her pics online for weeks, but I get......."I'm sorry, I just don't like it.....looks a little like a Taurus"

I keep trying and nothing....

Then we are heading East to her Mecca, the mall, and we pull up to a nice shiny silver CLS500.....I don't say a word, just slow down pulling up next to it (it's parked) and look over.

"Hey Jim, look at that Benz....WOW, that's beautifullllll, which one is that"

")_*&_(*&_*(&_(*^&(_*&*)(!!!!!" sound of my hair being pulled out.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63
LOLLOL!!!!!! your wife sounds like my wife. whenever i suggest a new car, she'll say i don't like it. but when we see the same car out on the street, she'll say that's a beautiful car. so i know where you're coming from. BTW, good luck w/ the CLS if you get it-- it's an awesome looking car. peace
Old 05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
lol, its your money do what you want with it!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Haha! Typical! Go get a CLS, you only live once!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:40 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by clkcadet
lol, its your money do what you want with it!
That maybe true but if you tell that to the wifey, its out to the doghouse. I tried showing the wifey pictures of the CLS but she wasn't impress until we saw one out on the road and she liked it.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
What a bunch of panzies you married guys are, letting your wives rule your life. I cant think of a more painful torture....of course that's easy for me to say cuz im not married ;-)

T
Old 05-11-2005, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I'm not married either....but I can sympathize!!!!!
My girlfriend hated every pic of the CLS I showed her. Then when we went to the dealership, I showed her the CLS 500 on the lot and she said "That car isn't too bad".

Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Doctodd33
What a bunch of panzies you married guys are, letting your wives rule your life. I cant think of a more painful torture....of course that's easy for me to say cuz im not married ;-)

T
Interesting comment. Whether its your partner in marriage or business, acting unilaterily on a siginificant transaction without getting buy-in from your partner can be disasterous to the partnership.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:02 PM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Originally Posted by adx
Interesting comment. Whether its your partner in marriage or business, acting unilaterily on a siginificant transaction without getting buy-in from your partner can be disasterous to the partnership.
Well said, but if every buying decision require a unanimous vote by two parties and consensus building throughout the family, life would get very painful. Yes, most large purchases are discussed and debated, but there are times when I (or she in some cases) overrides all common sense. :v

My strategy was to tell her for some time that I was going to buy a Ferrari, so when I said maybe I'll "settle" for a CLS55, she was greatly relieved.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I must share my view on this: when I first saw the CLS on the web last year, I thought it looks awful. When I saw the car in person last year in Germany, I thought it looks better than the pictures I've seen. Then when I saw the CLS55 at AMG headquarter, I think the car looks WAY better than anything that I've seen before. Well, I have been thinking of dumping my C32 some time between now and next year. Guess what is on top of my "serious consideration" list? A CLS55!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
adx....
Originally Posted by adx
Speak for yourself...of course the words "can be" are ambiguous enough to let you off the hook. Your wife must read this message board. :v :v

T
Old 05-12-2005, 03:01 AM

04 E55
I've seen a black one today. It seriously blew my mind away seeing it in person on the road. Surprisingly how things look in person. I'm itching to trade my e55 in but still love the look of my E and also I think i like the interior of my E better than the CLS, but i can't say 100% since i've never sat in person in a CLS
Old 05-12-2005, 03:31 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

adx....

Speak for yourself...of course the words "can be" are ambiguous enough to let you off the hook. Your wife must read this message board. :v :v

T
Wife doesn't even know that this board exist. I have a few businesses involving other partners so I am speaking from experience.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by adx
Wife doesn't even know that this board exist. I have a few businesses involving other partners so I am speaking from experience.
If the wife doesn't agree with the purchase because of the dollar amount and family-bugets on luxury items, future plans for the kids, money for retirement...which is understandble and husbands should respect that.

HOWEVER, if it has nothing to do with the money but just "personal preference" from the wife, that is just fu$king redicoulus!! I don't give a damn what kinda toliet paper, pens, laptop, PDA, cell-phone my business partner uses as long as he doesn't over-spend and/or affect the image of the company.

BTW, I'm happily married with a kid.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:52 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tofumann
If the wife doesn't agree with the purchase because of the dollar amount and family-bugets on luxury items, future plans for the kids, money for retirement...which is understandble and husbands should respect that.

HOWEVER, if it has nothing to do with the money but just "personal preference" from the wife, that is just fu$king redicoulus!! I don't give a damn what kinda toliet paper, pens, laptop, PDA, cell-phone my business partner uses as long as he doesn't over-spend and/or affect the image of the company.

BTW, I'm happily married with a kid.
I am not sure where you are going with this? My original comment was to try to get buy-in from your partner (meaning the wifey) since it is a significant purchase just as you would if you are dealing with partners in a business.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
My two cents is never ask your wife directly " I want to buy this car , do you like this car too? "

The answers are always:-
" hey you just got your new car last year "
" No too expensive , you must be crazy "
" You should stop spending money like this "

You have to do a lot of homeworks before buy a car.You must make it a habit to take your wife to the car showrooms on a regular basis ( never mention any of your desire of buying ). And let her feel what the new cars real are. Try to look at the higher end models first and keep talking to the salesman in details such as colors, options in front of your wife. The salesman has a mouth and know very well what they need to tell the customers about all these nice things. The wifes tend to like new fancy things such as interior luxury, safety features and they should have a good knowledge of what the cars really are. Most women get turned on by new cars.

And, one day, you tell your wife you are on your way to the showroom because the salesman have some good stuff to offer. When you get home that evening, just tell the iwfe you signed the contract already.
Most of the time, as it is a done deal, your wife should be the one more excited looking forward to seeing the new car.

cnt
Old 05-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by adx
I am not sure where you are going with this? My original comment was to try to get buy-in from your partner (meaning the wifey) since it is a significant purchase just as you would if you are dealing with partners in a business.
You are the smart one with the Partner-thing here....

The budget is approved for your vehicle...does it matter what car or color-combo to get? It's your car
MY point is that dollar amount (aka budget on the car) is a separate issue from what color/style of car your wife thinks you should be driving. THE WIFE HAS EVERY SINGLE RIGHT TO SAY SOMETHING IF THE HUSBY SPENDS TOO MUCH ON THINGS AND AFFECT THE FAMILY BUDGET. AS A MATTER OF FACT, IF THAT WAS HER REAL CONCERN, HUSBY SHOULD LISTEN AND CONSULT WITH HER ACCORDINGLY.

ON THE OTHER HAND, IF YOU JUST CAN'T GET YOUR CAR BECAUSE SHE DOESNT LIKE THE LOOK OR STYLE OF THE CAR AND MONEY/BUDGET WAS NOT THE ISSUE...YOU ARE ONE WEAK-SAUCE IN MY BOOK.
Keep giving urself excuses to listen to your wifey on things..more power to you mister.

Last edited by tofumann; 05-13-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:30 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are the smart one with the Partner-thing here....

The budget is approved for your vehicle...does it matter what car or color-combo to get? It's your car
MY point is that dollar amount (aka budget on the car) is a separate issue from what color/style of car your wife thinks you should be driving. THE WIFE HAS EVERY SINGLE RIGHT TO SAY SOMETHING IF THE HUSBY SPENDS TOO MUCH ON THINGS AND AFFECT THE FAMILY BUDGET. AS A MATTER OF FACT, IF THAT WAS HER REAL CONCERN, HUSBY SHOULD LISTEN AND CONSULT WITH HER ACCORDINGLY.

ON THE OTHER HAND, IF YOU JUST CAN'T GET YOUR CAR BECAUSE SHE DOESNT LIKE THE LOOK OR STYLE OF THE CAR AND MONEY/BUDGET WAS NOT THE ISSUE...YOU ARE ONE WEAK-SAUCE IN MY BOOK.
Keep giving urself excuses to listen to your wifey on things..more power to you mister.
WTF, I am not sure you are following my point. You are right about the wife having the right to say something since that is what I have been saying. If you see in my sig, I have bought 3 cars in just the last three years but always consulted with the wifey since she is also my partner. The CLS55 on order is for the wifey which I have not consulted nor does she even know since this will be a gift for her. So, I do buy what I want and family budget is definitely not a problem. So keep your weak sauce to yourself.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Quote:
adx....

Speak for yourself...of course the words "can be" are ambiguous enough to let you off the hook. Your wife must read this message board.

T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are the man.....of the House-Of-Weak-Sauce There is a thin-line of being respecful to someone or whipped by someone. No one, including myself, questioned your family budget. It was only an example since you mixed the marriage-relationship and business-partnership together.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:07 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quote:
adx....

Speak for yourself...of course the words "can be" are ambiguous enough to let you off the hook. Your wife must read this message board.

T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are the man.....of the House-Of-Weak-Sauce There is a thin-line of being respecful to someone or whipped by someone. No one, including myself, questioned your family budget. It was only an example since you mixed the marriage-relationship and business-partnership together.
Isn't a marriage also a partnership? Consequently, a partnership whether in marriage or in business have similarities, such as buy-in on a significant transactions. So mixing certain aspects of marriage and business-partnership is not out-of-line. If you are married and/or have businesses involving partners, then you should know this.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
CLS500 OR 55 WILL BE MY NEXT CAR.... BLACK ON BLACK
Old 05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by adx
Isn't a marriage also a partnership? Consequently, a partnership whether in marriage or in business have similarities, such as buy-in on a significant transactions. So mixing certain aspects of marriage and business-partnership is not out-of-line. If you are married and/or have businesses involving partners, then you should know this.
Only a little of such "partnership" that is applicable....cuz marriage is based on a thing called "love", and your so call business-partnership is based on only one thing--$, not friendship, not love..nothing BUT money/profit.

Yes, I'm married and I have a business partner. Recently, both of us agreed that he should get a company-car and the budget is $650/month. I do not give a fu#k about the choice of his car cuz...1.) i'm not the primary driver and 2.) he did not go over the "BUDGET". Apparently, you are probably too whipped to understand the difference between "budget" and "choice of vehicle".

So, once again, if the wifey agrees on the budget, husbands should not have to worry get the wife "signed off" anything else.

Thanks for your time, Dr. Phil!! I will keep being the bad-husband and you can keep filling up that bottle of "WEAK-SAUCE".