New info on Designo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
New info on Designo

I just got off the phone with Tiana from MB. Very helpful and still checking some things. The graphite Designo will have porcelain leather seats and door inserts with "pebble beige" stitching. Charcoal color will be on the Steering wheel and shift knob. Still checking on the console and carpets but the floor mats will be black. She is trying to get me a link for photos or mail me literature. Anyone else have more info on this package?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by traumadoc
I just got off the phone with Tiana from MB. Very helpful and still checking some things. The graphite Designo will have porcelain leather seats and door inserts with "pebble beige" stitching. Charcoal color will be on the Steering wheel and shift knob. Still checking on the console and carpets but the floor mats will be black. She is trying to get me a link for photos or mail me literature. Anyone else have more info on this package?
Thanks for the update! That's exactly what I ordered two weeks ago. No photos so far ..Oh, you forgot to mentin the cool looking black piano wood trim!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Piano Black

The piano black really makes the car. First saw it on a Phantom then on a Bentley GT. I have seen some of your posts. Interesting, I saw them and asked my dealer about that option. He was not going to tell me. If not for your posts on this forum, we would not have known. Initially ordered it with the charcoal and laurel wood. A bit boring compared to this combo! Nice cat. Persian?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
You're right....

it's a Persian-Tabby (my mum's third son ). I had the same info-problems with my dealer. All they see is what's online at mbusa.com or at NetStar - that's it.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Netstar?

I have not looked up the option packages on Netstar. Can you give me a link? There are other auto sites that DO list all available options on the CLS. Sad that other sites are updated better than the company's own site!

You may find this link helpful as it lists all the options and appears complete.

http://www.intellichoice.com/configu...ICLE_NMB=16958

Do you know what the "charcoal 281" is?
What color will our carpeting and console be?
I wonder if the pebble beige stitching will be "contrast stitching".

Sounds like our cars will be similar. I may powder coat or chrome the wheels. I may not get the 030 performance package. Want to see photos of the body modifications first. Any photos of these yet?

We have a black Persian. One of 4 cats.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Let's see...

NetStar is the dealer-system, so I don't have a link to that. Intellichoice is a VERY good one. Basically, that shows what's actually available for this car (I always thought the designo-package would come with Charcoal-seats UNTIL I found Intellichoice!).

You shouldn't be too concerned about the color-links on their site - it's basically a copy of NetStar. I got a print-out copy of my NetStar order and it shows Charcoal as interior color although I chose designo - funny...
No sign of porcelain nappa or piano-wood.

There is a link that shows a picture of the CLS with performance package. I will send you a PM as soon as I have found it.

The stitching should be a contrast-stitching since porcelain comes close to ivory-color, so the stitching should be a bit darker (sounds really hot!).

I'm sure console will be charcoal or black as well (based on experience), carpets most likely, too (will also get this special designo-treatment consisting of special "designo"-stitching and leather surrounding). They want to create a dark interior and a "popp-out"-effect with the light seats and door-inserts. Very nice, IMO.

A color sample can be found here:

designo colors

CLS is not shown but colors will be the same...

"charcoal 281" is just a number that is based on NetStar and the order-system (depending on your interior color, your charcoal gets a different code although it's the same color and interior, f.e. "charcoal 281" comes with the designo, the other charcoal comes with the regular charcoal interior, charcoal seats etc.). I had the same question and that was my only explaination.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:18 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by traumadoc
Want to see photos of the body modifications first. Any photos of these yet?
This might be what you are looking for. Unfortunately, this is not a very good picture (press release?) but that's all I've seen so far. Anyway, I don't think the body-modifications will be very significant:

Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I will not take delivery of my order if we can order Designo Graphite. That color looks drop dead gorgeous.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I will not take delivery of my order if we can order Designo Graphite. That color looks drop dead gorgeous.
Yes, I switched from Obsidian black to designo Graphite. I've never seen it in real life (only designo mocha black) but that color must be something special...