C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Non factory distronic available?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non factory distronic?

Hello, my CLS 55 most of the options that were available at the outset (Feb 05 delivery). I have subsequently installed the Sirius radio. I'm wondering if it is possible to install distronic by ordering the MB parts even if it was not originally installed at the factory. Thanks for any tips.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non factory distronic available?

Hello, my CLS 55 most of the options that were available at the outset (Feb 05 delivery). I have subsequently installed the Sirius radio. I'm wondering if it is possible to install distronic by ordering the MB parts even if it was not originally installed at the factory. Thanks for any tips.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I merged your threads together, they were in the same forum. Kinda pointless.

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2005, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
801-222-4400 ask for Will This guy is the best. If he doesn't have the answer he will get it, and he calls you back!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by gmbz99
Yes it can be done. It requires several parts to be added and activation with specially modified Star Diagnose or dealer activation after notification to MBUSA that the item is installed and your build record updated.

Shopping list
-------------
- Distronic radar
- Distronic screw kit
- Distronic cover
- Distronic grille star (replacement)

- driver control buttons
- shifter panel to hold buttons
- wiring for buttons

- distronic control box
- distronic wiring harness

- special coding and activation

I doubt that even if you did get the parts that you would be able to get it working with the parts alone. It requires coding modification of cluster, engine control unit and several other modules.

I dont recall that anyone other than Sunman or Steve have completed this mod. Certainly no one has posted it here otherwise.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
distronic can be retrofitted without a doubt (did that on my friends 2003 E55 as well and will do that on another 2003 E55 on my next US trip) but as benzmodz mentioned - activating distronic requires ME codestring changes from mercedes benz - which might take a day or 2 to get from MB (depending on your dealership).
Fact is that you NEED stardiagnose to programm the car to accept distronic.

The radareye itself is a 1900USD part (which is already a lot cheaper then most of the DTR eyes that mercedes uses)...

greetingz,