C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Saw my first...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw my first...

Saw my first ClS 500 AMG today with dealer plates. The AMG badge on the back and touching the chrome trunk handle. The CLS was the only car that I hadn't seen a fake AMG badge but I guess CLS drivers to it too. I have never seen such a poorly done badge BTW. Would have taken a pic but I didnt have a camera with me. Funniest part was the guy kept trying to race me. Seeing how its raining today I didnt care to play but the driver could careless. He would slow down and leave a huge gap between us and then slam on the gas and get like like 5 feet away from my car before changing lanes and pulling up next to me. Driver was an older guy in his 50-60s.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
that reminds me of when i went to the dealer to get my car fixed. Went to a dealer in Owings Mills, MD. I pulled up to the service garage, and I saw a "S55 AMG." Had all the badging, even had the quad exhaust.

I've seen plenty of S55s so i didnt really stare at the car. Waited for my service agent at the receptionist desk, and took a quick look again at the car. From the side, you could see that the quad exhaust wasnt the REAL quad exhaust!! It was the cheap crap you buy on ebay and bolt on to the stock exhaust tips.

I let out a loud chuckle just cuz it was so funny to me, and the receptionist just knew what i was laughing about. She said " i dont know why people do that to their cars."

The car was probably an 2000 s430 sport, cuz i looked at the front bumper and it wasnt the new amg bumper. Taillight had been changed though.

I thought the car belonged to some young punk kid who had just enough money to buy a used S-class with 150k miles, bought some junk on ebay and flexed it like it was a new S55.

Turns out it was a 50-60 year old getting in it with his just-as-old wife. I laughed for a good 10 minutes until the service agent came out and told me my transmission was F-ed.

Just wanted to share.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Fakers

I am in LA and I have seen no less than 6 fake CLS55's! I still cant beleive that many people are doing it! A CLS500 is a damn respectable car, a $70K+ car and people still feel the need to.....ugh, its so irritating!

On the flip side, its really amusing to roll up in a real one and harass them. It doesnt take long before Im the only CLS-anything on that particular stretch of road!!