drags

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
drags

well if the weather stays dry im going to go to the drag strip this friday. i cant wait to see wat times i can get and im really curious as to which car of my cars is faster. stock cls55 vs modded sti (460hp). ill line them both up hehe.

anyways does anybody have any tips for launching the cls?
im assuming the best thing to do is to follow the techniques used by the E55 drivers?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by jikjak
well if the weather stays dry im going to go to the drag strip this friday. i cant wait to see wat times i can get and im really curious as to which car of my cars is faster. stock cls55 vs modded sti (460hp). ill line them both up hehe.

anyways does anybody have any tips for launching the cls?
im assuming the best thing to do is to follow the techniques used by the E55 drivers?

If you're unfamiliar with launching it and you only have 1 run, then I think you should launch it with the ESP on in 'S' mode. Otherwise if you have time, practice launching at night on the street in different modes and see which works best for you.

Btw, with a clean launch and good shifting, the 460bhp Sti should come out tops. Hope the weather stays friendly and try to shoot a video if you can!