C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Parting with my CLS55 (temporarily)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M6, '05 Lambo Gallardo
Parting with my CLS55 (temporarily)

I have decided to jump ship and take delivery of a new M5. I placed the deposit in June 2003. I just got to give it a try after waiting this long. The problem is that I have fallen in love with the CLS55. So....

I have already ordered another one, but the new one has the 030 package. It is a Feb. build car and will hopefully arrive late Feb. or early March.

The new M5 will be a nice change of pace for a while, but my heart is with the CLS. If anyone has an interest, there is a post in the classified section.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
Will be curious to see how you like it.

I think the new M5's-6's ... are just plain ugly. I'm trying to like them.

This comes from a guy who had an 03 M5 and loved the car...
but they have lost me with the new styling.
Hate the I drive... when I get into a $100,000 car I WANT it to look like the inside of a jet airplane, buttons, gauges, whistles...not 2 gauges and a couple of idiot lights! Okay it's not THAT simple but...

I predict 30 days after you have the M5 it will be for sale instead of the cls

Looking forward to your comparisons
Old 11-11-2005, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by idrivatitleist
Will be curious to see how you like it.

I think the new M5's-6's ... are just plain ugly. I'm trying to like them.

This comes from a guy who had an 03 M5 and loved the car...
but they have lost me with the new styling.
Hate the I drive... when I get into a $100,000 car I WANT it to look like the inside of a jet airplane, buttons, gauges, whistles...not 2 gauges and a couple of idiot lights!

Wow, I thought I was the only one, lol! Me too, it needs to have a crazy interior, the more features, functions, buttons, knobs, screens and craziness, the better! I-Drive licks ***** and the 5 series is broke-d!ck-dog ugly! The 6 series is not as bad, but I still wouldnt be caught dead in one, especially because they are both a dime a dozen here in LA!

If only people realized how bad these cars look, we might not have to look at so many. Chris Bangle has single handedly turned our roads into a breeding ground for cars that look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Jkrutch, sorry to hear that you have decided to sacrifice a car you have come to love. Enjoy the M5.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Couldn't agree more.....

Originally Posted by VelocitE55
Wow, I thought I was the only one, lol! Me too, it needs to have a crazy interior, the more features, functions, buttons, knobs, screens and craziness, the better! I-Drive licks ***** and the 5 series is broke-d!ck-dog ugly! The 6 series is not as bad, but I still wouldnt be caught dead in one, especially because they are both a dime a dozen here in LA!

If only people realized how bad these cars look, we might not have to look at so many. Chris Bangle has single handedly turned our roads into a breeding ground for cars that look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Nore could I have said it better.