C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

When will the CLS 55/63 get Designo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55
When will the CLS 55/63 get Designo

I called MBUSA last week, as I have ordered -- still on the waiting list with Autobahn Motors of Belmont, CA -- a CLS 55 with 030 and Designo Mystic White paint to replace my current CLS 55.

According to Customer Service with whom I spoke, Designo is not yet available for the CLS 55. Is this true? If not, how can I get a straight, and accurate, answer as to what the facts are?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
They are Soooooo clueless

I have the graphite designo being built right now. Delayed a bit but on the assembly line. There is a graphite designo on the autotrader currently. Here is the link.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rd...en&cardist=673

I was going to order the Mystic White but my dealer could not find the code on the computer. Perhaps it was not available at the time but that was almost 2 months ago. I found Surya (sp) at the MBUSA number very helpful. I just do not understand how a 'reputable' company can be asking over $100,000 for a product while not having a clue about it!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:07 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by jmeyers
I called MBUSA last week, as I have ordered -- still on the waiting list with Autobahn Motors of Belmont, CA -- a CLS 55 with 030 and Designo Mystic White paint to replace my current CLS 55.

According to Customer Service with whom I spoke, Designo is not yet available for the CLS 55. Is this true? If not, how can I get a straight, and accurate, answer as to what the facts are?
Your dealer is telling you BS! As traumadoc posted, vehicles are currently in production that already have designo (check out mine, I will follow very soon..).

So simply tell your dealer that they shouldn't rely on the options that are available on the mbusa.com configurator - they have to check NetStar and it IS available there (and not since yesterday - I have seen designo as available option AT LEAST since August when I placed my order, mystic white AND grey, but it's actually available a few months longer than that...). NetStar is where your dealer has to enter the order, not mbusa.com!

traumadoc is 100% right! I could explode when I hear all those BS some dealers tell you and you have to pay them for their lack of information. IMO, they should be required to be an active member on this forum for at least a year before they are allowed to sell those cars!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by jmeyers

Since Mercedes Benz knows production dates about 2 years in advance then you should be able to get a fixed date.

Designo is available all of the time as a Euro build / spare part. As a USA car ... who knows. You can more or less order designo for any Mercedes at any time from Steve.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Almost a Member!

'05 Diamond Black C230K
Curious, what does mystic white look like? Pics? Is it a metallic white?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Mystic white

They tell me that it is a pearl white "like the Escalade". This came from the rep at MB. I was not excited when I heard that. Ordered the Graphite instead.