Stereo update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Stereo update

Ok. Looks like I have no life but I really do.... Honest. Here it is Christmas Eve and I am typing on the MBworld forum instead of being with my family. I have a good explanation. While the world is with their families and opening presents, I am here in a relatively empty ER waiting for the next life to save or the next suffering person to prolong their misery.

Anyway.... I turned the bass down like Roupin recommended and decided the highs and mid-range of the system was adequate.

With the bass on the HK system set at 0, I adjusted the Infinity sub and amp to MY liking instead of to my wife's 'spa music'. OMG!!!

The sub made my hair vibrate. Took 2 nurses with me and did the same for them!!!!! One (a male nurse) had no hair!!!!!

It made the highs and midrange sound more crisp as well. Not that I'm an audiophile but this set up is totally acceptable to me.

Thank all of you for the help. Kept me from having to tear the car apart installing new speakers and amps.

Happy Holidays..
Old 12-25-2005, 01:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A Few
Hey DOC,

It's good to know you're in the ER helping all of those in need...

Good to hear your car is to your liking, I have always hated stock MB sound systems... they just suck. period.

I remember when I had my E39 M5, I had a Kenwood system with 4 amps and custom speakers, subs, plus in dash entertainment, and it's never been the same... I believe the only system that sounds good in a car is the one that YOU install...

Anyway, gonna go back to watching "Home Alone" with the kids...

Merry Christmas and keep savin' lives...

-Da Krisht
Old 12-25-2005, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Stereo....

Originally Posted by dakrisht
Hey DOC,

It's good to know you're in the ER helping all of those in need...

Good to hear your car is to your liking, I have always hated stock MB sound systems... they just suck. period.

I remember when I had my E39 M5, I had a Kenwood system with 4 amps and custom speakers, subs, plus in dash entertainment, and it's never been the same... I believe the only system that sounds good in a car is the one that YOU install...

Anyway, gonna go back to watching "Home Alone" with the kids...

Merry Christmas and keep savin' lives...

-Da Krisht
Thanks. I appreciated your sub in the trunk suggestion. Having fun tonight in the ER. Not too busy. I grew up in LA... Merry Christmas!!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by traumadoc
The sub made my hair vibrate. Took 2 nurses with me and did the same for them!!!!! One (a male nurse) had no hair!!!!!

Dude...forget posting about the sub....post some pics of the nurses!!! There has to be at least one hot one in the bunch!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
would still love to see pics of the sub
Old 01-01-2006, 01:20 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicely done, traumadoc.