C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Desgno Status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005 | 11:25 AM

2006 CLS 55
Question Desgno Status

About three months ago, I learned that the Designo options for the CLS 55 had been determined: Graphite and Mystic White. Accordingly, I decided to "upgrade" from my current CLS 55 and placed an order (i.e., put down a deposit for a slot) with my dealer for one with the 030 package and Designo Mystic White.

Last month, my turn came up, and my salesman tried to order my car on NetStart -- to no avail because there isn't a listing for Mystic White. This condition has continued, and I still haven't been able to have my order booked.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Designo packages? What the colors are (or going to be)? Availability?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2005 | 01:26 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Unhappy Strange!

Originally Posted by jmeyers
About three months ago, I learned that the Designo options for the CLS 55 had been determined: Graphite and Mystic White. Accordingly, I decided to "upgrade" from my current CLS 55 and placed an order (i.e., put down a deposit for a slot) with my dealer for one with the 030 package and Designo Mystic White.

Last month, my turn came up, and my salesman tried to order my car on NetStart -- to no avail because there isn't a listing for Mystic White. This condition has continued, and I still haven't been able to have my order booked.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Designo packages? What the colors are (or going to be)? Availability?

Thanks!

Hi,

That is VERY strange and I don't know what is going on with that color. It should be available as well. Traumadoc ordered the second available designo-package (graphite gray) and got it without any problems. When I ordered my car, this designo-package (mystic white) was available as well, so I don't see a reason why that changed. My car is a designo as well and is in production right now, so this second package was and still is available. Please check traumadoc's thread to see the package...

I have to admitt that I haven't seen (or heard about) someone who already took delivery of a mystic white designo package yet - but I don't know the reason for that. I hope they didn't decide to cancel this second package since our "US-selection" is everything but great....

I'd call mbusa and ask them what's going on with this mystic-white. They should be able to provide you with some up-to-date information.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-25-2005 | 03:54 PM

2009 997CS2, 2003 996TT, 2006 CLS 500 AMG, 2003 Jaguar S Type R
Here's a link that list the different Designo options and prices. It's not from MBUSA, do it might be useful. :-)

http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...nz/model/CLS55

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-25-2005 | 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Mystic White

I was initially undecided about my designo and thought about ordering the Mystic White. The dealer said that the computer would not allow him to enter this package. When he entered the Graphite designo, the computer took the order. Made my decision easy. There was a Mystic White CLS500 on either ebay or autotrader (cannot remember). So far no 55's in Mystic White that I have seen.

Good luck.

Again if not for this forum, I would never have known about the designo options.

Not to beat a dead horse but....
This is the progression:

1) Read about the option on this forum
2) Actually see a car with the option on the street
3) The option appears on the mbusa web site

WTF?
Old 12-25-2005 | 05:03 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Talking Hmmm...

Originally Posted by traumadoc
3) The option appears on the mbusa web site

HA, HA, HA - wouldn't be so sure about step 3! I guess updating their webpages is based on the "Neverending Story"...

Let's see what will show up first on mbusa:

A. designo for CLS
or
B. CLS 63

My guess is B!
Old 12-27-2005 | 06:47 PM

06 CLS55
Same here in miami. Designo just started showing up. I think it depends on the dealer and them knowing how to use netstar