CLS55 pricing question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 E550 Cabriolet
CLS55 pricing question

Hi all,

My current ride is a 05 CLK500 which has been great. However based on all the great reviews I've seen here and other forums for the CLS55, I've been considering upgrading to the CLS55. Since the car already comes very well equipped I think I'm gonna keep the options down to the 326 Premium Package and Hands free VCS phone. Car prices out on MBUSA at $94,425. I was hoping to pick this up for about $85,000 or less in the spring when sales of the 55 hopfully slow down for the upcoming CLS63.

Can any of you folks give me an idea of what type of discounts I can expect or should ask for when I start shopping.

Thanks,
Old 12-30-2005, 07:23 PM
ON PROBATION

I don't think that you're going to get a new one for $85K -- but then this is a car that I don't have alot of experience with. I do want to comment though that you really should buy an AMG car loaded, for alot of reasons, one of which is that you'll enjoy the car alot more, another is that you'll probably regret later on down the road not having bitten the bullet and optioned it more, and another is that as a % of total car price certain - if not many - options really add alot of function and value for the additional price....
Since you already have a nice MBZ maybe you've already weighed the other options and feel that you just don't want them or need them....
Have you considered getting another model in your price range?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:52 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
ClayJ,

I have some friends at MB Manhattan and might be able to get close to that price. Want to try to keep price under $100k after tax, title, etc.
I would think the Premium option pretty much gives you all the goodies one would like. This package gives you "Active Ventilated Front Seats, Drive Dynamic Seats, Power Rear-Window Sunshade, COMAND DVD Navigation and 6-Disc CD Changer". And what's cooler then Hands free VCS phone system.

I was considering an E55 but just love the look of the CLS for just a few thousand $$ more.

I did want to ask what other options would you recommend and why other than resale value.

Thanks,

Roger
Old 12-30-2005, 08:19 PM
ON PROBATION

If you can work a good price, good for you. Perhaps you're trading-in the -500 and that will help you?
I think that the lighting package is indispensible -- and I get it on every one of my MBZ's.
I recall now that they've gone with a new premium package strategy this year and that most of my other favorites are rolled into it -- so you're correct there.
I would consider the electronic trunk closer option, even for $500 or whatever they want for it. I got it for the first time on an E55 a year or two ago and I've really come to like it.
Keyless go and parktronic are two others which I think should be based on lifestyle choices, and aren't essential, and cost would be a consideration in both of these if I remember correctly as they're both like between a grand and two grand (?). I used to poo-poo both, Now I'm a real fan of keyless go, of not having to take the key out of my pocket, especially if I'm in inclement weather. Parktronic is probably a good idea if you have any concerns about other people driving your car and puting $2000 dents in it....
I am in a situation where I can afford to load-up my cars with any potentially useful option, so I am not the best judge of value.
I have never ordered distronic on a car.....
I am sure that an actual CLS55 owner will chime-in here and give you sounder advice and their opinions.
I hope that you get what you want, and that you enjoy the heck out of it!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:18 PM

06 CLS55
good luck

Bro not to burst your bubble, but from what I have seen in florida alone unless the car is used and has high miles I don't see how you can get that price.

Here in miami the only cls55 in towns are above MSRP. I've seen a couple that have been below MSRP but they have been demos or have atleast 3,000 miles on them already.

I ordered my CLS55 in october with an ETA of May 06 everyone thought that was way too long but I have looked and looked and now I'm 5 months away not to long but way worth the wait considering the high demand for this car. priced with all the options 97,400.

Good luck
CLOS
Old 12-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I don't have a CLS, but I can speak for options. I have distronic, as well as every other option offered in an E55. I do like the distronic a lot and I would not order an MB without it. I definitely would not go without keyless-go, Sirius, hands-free phone, drive dynamic seats, parktronic, electronic trunk closer and ventilated seats (I suppose they are more important in TX than in NY). The only option that I think I would be willing to do without is the side window shades in the rear doors (and possibly the illuminated door sills, they are beautiful, but a bit pricey). Like I said, I have them all and I will get them all again.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Can Drive 55: where did you Buy it Park Place mid cities ?

Trending Topics

Old 12-31-2005, 02:16 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by rhampar
ClayJ,

I have some friends at MB Manhattan and might be able to get close to that price. Want to try to keep price under $100k after tax, title, etc.
I would think the Premium option pretty much gives you all the goodies one would like. This package gives you "Active Ventilated Front Seats, Drive Dynamic Seats, Power Rear-Window Sunshade, COMAND DVD Navigation and 6-Disc CD Changer". And what's cooler then Hands free VCS phone system.
I doubt you will get anywhere near that discount...I got my CLS there...

Keyless go is a must..trunk closer...most options are great....I leased rather than purchsased...was a better deal as I do not drive many miles..
Old 12-31-2005, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
dude....don't pass up the lighting package! the xenons are the best! Do you have Xenons on your CLK500? You can never go back to regular halogen after Xenons.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Stiggs
dude....don't pass up the lighting package! the xenons are the best! Do you have Xenons on your CLK500? You can never go back to regular halogen after Xenons.
Agree, I overlooked that little item. I would place Xenons at the top of the list of things that I would not want to do without. I have a feeling that the new IR night driving lights on the new S will be just as important in due time.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:27 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Agree, I overlooked that little item. I would place Xenons at the top of the list of things that I would not want to do without. I have a feeling that the new IR night driving lights on the new S will be just as important in due time.
Yes. My mum is getting a 7-series BMW and - although the night driving system isn't available in the US by now - I'm sure we will see a retro (a retro-kit is offered by BMW in Germany) because if Mercedes offers it, BMW HAS to do the same... The current 7-series already comes standard with a fuse for this feature...
Old 12-31-2005, 10:01 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions on the options to put on my CLS.

Looks like must haves are the premium package, handsfree phone & Xenon's. Nice to haves would be the balance of the options.
Never had a car with Xenon lights so if a reasonable discount can be gotten I probably get em.

Kinda suprised no one said to get the 030 performance package.

I'll talk to the dealer in a few weeks and see what can be worked out. If I can get near my price and not get ripped off on trading in my CLK500 I'll probably be a CLS owner sometime during the summer.

Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:13 PM
ON PROBATION

Didn't mention 030 because I figured price into my recommendations to you....
Old 12-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
I didn't mention 030 because I have no experience with it. There are just a couple of members of this board with that option. It is just now arriving at the dealership. I definitely recommend it if you want to spring for the money. I think the increase in speed limiter is interesting. I am stuck with the upper 150's and would like to explore territories beyond.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:10 PM

something fast
Hi all,

My current ride is a 05 CLK500 which has been great. However based on all the great reviews I've seen here and other forums for the CLS55, I've been considering upgrading to the CLS55. Since the car already comes very well equipped I think I'm gonna keep the options down to the 326 Premium Package and Hands free VCS phone. Car prices out on MBUSA at $94,425. I was hoping to pick this up for about $85,000 or less in the spring when sales of the 55 hopfully slow down for the upcoming CLS63.

Can any of you folks give me an idea of what type of discounts I can expect or should ask for when I start shopping.

Thanks,

you are dreaming if you think you will get an new cls 55 for almost $10k off msrp. the best you might see is invoice and I would be very suprised if that will happen. You are also complicating matters with a trade, you can't have your cake and eat it too, if they do give you a nice discount on the cls 55 you will get killed on the trade. My advice is to negoitate a good price on the cls 55 and then sell your clk privately and run the transaction throught the dealer to get the tax credit. You might also look for dealers outside of new york such as the midwest, pricing is always higher in the areas of the country with high concentrations of weatlth.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:00 AM

11 E550 Cabriolet
ajf1

While your probably right that I wouldn't get 10k off msrp, I beleive in aiming high and then negotiating to a point both parties are happy with.
In addition I'm looking to make my deal for a CLS55 around the time CLS63's are shipping.

There was a guy in the SL forums who bought a new 05 SL600 msrp $130k for $98k from MB Manhattan. I also know they have new CLK500's that they'll sell for around $46k.

So to say these guys won't deal isn't true. They are a factory owned dealership and are interested in moving metal and not always looking for the most profit on each car like the privately owned shops. They will deal under certain circumstances and give you a very good deal (I know from experience, got my CLK500 for $750 under invoice).

I do like and thank you for your advice on selling the car privately and running it through the dealership to get the tax credit. I'll speak to the dealer about this.

Thanks,
Old 01-02-2006, 01:35 PM

something fast
ajf1

While your probably right that I wouldn't get 10k off msrp, I beleive in aiming high and then negotiating to a point both parties are happy with.
In addition I'm looking to make my deal for a CLS55 around the time CLS63's are shipping.

There was a guy in the SL forums who bought a new 05 SL600 msrp $130k for $98k from MB Manhattan. I also know they have new CLK500's that they'll sell for around $46k.

So to say these guys won't deal isn't true. They are a factory owned dealership and are interested in moving metal and not always looking for the most profit on each car like the privately owned shops. They will deal under certain circumstances and give you a very good deal (I know from experience, got my CLK500 for $750 under invoice).

I do like and thank you for your advice on selling the car privately and running it through the dealership to get the tax credit. I'll speak to the dealer about this.

Thanks,
rhampar

you are talking about apples and oranges, first the sl600 is a very very slow seller and has horrible depreciation, so it is not suprising they sold the car for that price. The car was also a 2005, so the car had been sitting for atleast a year, its not like it was a new 2006 that just hit their showroom. The clk 500 is a normal production model and the coupes arent exacty hot sellers either so $750 back of invoice is definitely possible. On the other hand the cls 55 is a limited(with respect to the other mercedes non amg models) production car and still is a very strong seller. I am well aware of mb of manhatten and who owns them, i deal with mercedes-benz stores everyday and I get deals most never see, so I know what they will and wont do. But I say try and you never know what could happen, but don't limit your search to just manhatten I would try other dealerships too.