C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

She's in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Nice ride!

BTW - I think I will never understand what the heck do you people see in black rims?? That look awful... I can swallow all those crazy mods, but not black rims ... i just don't get it!! Black car like this, with nice shiny silver rims looks pretty but with black it looks weird... with which 'symbol' it's associated?? looks more 'gangsta' or what?
Don't take it as an offence against you but, what it's all about?
EVERYONE [and that's almost a rule on this forum] throws out AMG wheels, mounts 22s [best if black] rims, lowers the car as much as possible, gives some extreme tint, some spoilers and then the car looks ridiculous! Sometimes it seems to be a forced scheme... Do you realize that many of you disfigure these beautiful cars? I know, ain't no business of mine what happens with YOUR cars, but I think I won't be damned if I ask, WTF???
Old 03-15-2006, 05:16 PM

2006 CLS55, Barolo Red
Originally Posted by Kubazzz
Congrats! Nice ride!

BTW - I think I will never understand what the heck do you people see in black rims?? That look awful... I can swallow all those crazy mods, but not black rims ... i just don't get it!! Black car like this, with nice shiny silver rims looks pretty but with black it looks weird... with which 'symbol' it's associated?? looks more 'gangsta' or what?
EVERYONE [and that's almost a rule on this forum] throws out AMG wheels, mounts 22s [best if black] rims, lowers the car as much as possible, gives some extreme tint, some spoilers and then the car looks ridiculous! Sometimes it seems to be a forced scheme... Do you realize that many of you disfigure these beautiful cars? I know, ain't no business of mine what happens with YOUR cars, but I think I won't be damned if I ask, WTF???
I totally agree with you, I don't get it either.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:34 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
Originally Posted by CLS_AMG
I totally agree with you, I don't get it either.
Let us not forget that this style was common on Porsches in decades past, I think it looks nice as long as the quality of the wheels are up to par with the quality of the car, I cannot stand to see heavy and fake 3 piece wheels on a BMW or Mercedes-Benz, if you can truly afford the car, then you can afford a quality set of wheels. I think a set of 20" HRE wheels with black centers would look great on my black SL, but I am perfectly satisfied with the stock AMGs.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kubazzz
Congrats! Nice ride!

Do you realize that many of you disfigure these beautiful cars? I know, ain't no business of mine what happens with YOUR cars, but I think I won't be damned if I ask, WTF???
No offence taken.

I've been running black centered rims on my cars since the early 90s'. So a few decades after Porsche have been doing it but well before it was "cool".
And you know what, it's all personal preference no? Some people like beef others like chicken it's as simple as that.

I change my wheels because I like to individualise my car and if people like it that's cool, and if they don't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Eton
Old 03-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Almost a Member!

nice.congrats
Old 03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG, 2006 Range Rover Sport with Kahn Design Package
Congrats

Eton,

Congrats on your new car. PM me if you need a Carlsson front lip RS! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:28 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
congrats with the new car
Old 04-11-2006, 05:31 PM

2001 C320 (Sold), 2006 CLS 55 AMG Capri blue/cashmere beige (April Delivery)
mbaudi, congrats man nice ride. I can't wait for my ride to arrive, it got delayed til first week of May. Enjoy your ride