C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Blue Tooth for CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Tooth for CLS55

Does anyone know of a bluetooth adapter for the phone option in a CLS or any benz for that matter. I have heard of dealer and aftermarket kits for BMW. It's just a shame that I paid for the phone option and never use it since my every day phone is a razor and not compatible with the hands free kit. And using two phones and two numbers is a pain. Would be nice to have the seamless bluetooth integration that is in the new S class.

Any ideas?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Speed Thrills
Does anyone know of a bluetooth adapter for the phone option in a CLS or any benz for that matter. I have heard of dealer and aftermarket kits for BMW. It's just a shame that I paid for the phone option and never use it since my every day phone is a razor and not compatible with the hands free kit. And using two phones and two numbers is a pain. Would be nice to have the seamless bluetooth integration that is in the new S class.

Any ideas?
Look at the Motorola BHP?? 1000. It's like $299 plus installation found at motorola.com under auto. Also, go to Infinity and check out the M45. My dad was looking at buying my mom the S550 and I am trying to get him to buy the M45 for her instead. That thing owns your car on the tech side and its really fast. I wanted a CLS and was going to get one when I finished school but now I think im going for the M45. Go check it out, its awesome.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

Bluetooth link
Old 03-23-2006, 02:50 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bluetooth interface module for MB but I don't believe it is out yet. http://www.wireless4mb.com/btsolutions.aspx
Old 03-23-2006, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
my friend and fellow member here fazooley went aftermarket with the parrot unit and it works great, check it out here

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=parrot
Old 03-23-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
my friend and fellow member here fazooley went aftermarket with the parrot unit and it works great, check it out here

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=parrot

Great. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The best hands-free for MB Owners

There is an MB/AutoWireless solution that will allow you to use any software-conforming blue tooth phone in a cradle to interact with the MB hands-free system. You can’t have your phone in your pocket; it has to be in a cradle. But so what? You can still hook up blue tooth ear phones and mic either in the car or out of it.

Another reason to use this setup is to utilize the extra watt of power that the built-in system has. If you use your BT phone without the car’s system, you can’t make use of it. My R500 has an IR-protected windshield which causes reception problems at times. So, for me, using the car’s system is a must.

Unless discounts are available, here’s the cost:
MB integrated phone kit (Installed by dealer) $2,280
Cradle from AutoWireless (plugs in to above kit) 235
Blue Tooth adapter from AutoWireless (plugs in to above kit) 380
Total (Approx with tax) $2,895

Conforming cell phone software: I have the Verizon service and a Motorola E815 which has the software version 8720_01.17.03. There may be other compatible versions and other carriers may have other confirming software. But AutoWireless confirmed that my phone is compatible.

Hope this helps.
BEagle