need help with homelink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magLipVE
need help with homelink

Hello All,

I am having a really hard time to program the homelink buttons to work with my garage opener. I have two "Chamberlain lift master pro 1/3 hp" garage door opener and cant program either of them. I know the homelink is working, since I programmed one of the button to open my gate. I just cant get it to work with my garage doors.

I believe the garage door opener is a roaming code version...thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2006, 03:51 AM

CLS55, 335i, A6, Prius
rolling code programming is just an extra step. Just follow your programming to the point where the button is flashing...then go to your garage door opener box and depress the learning button (usually located by the light bulb) and then press the button you chose on your car twice, or three times at most. Your garage door should then respond.

You can tell if you have this issue when you press the programmed button and the light flashes quickly, versus staying on. That usually indicates a rolling code situation. Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 AM

CLS55
i couldn't get mine to work either, then i actually got the manual for my door opener and the manual for the car, sat down and figured it out. there were specific orders of pushing buttons, etc, that you will be able to figure out with the books.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:08 PM

magLipVE
Originally Posted by acv999
rolling code programming is just an extra step. Just follow your programming to the point where the button is flashing...then go to your garage door opener box and depress the learning button (usually located by the light bulb) and then press the button you chose on your car twice, or three times at most. Your garage door should then respond.

You can tell if you have this issue when you press the programmed button and the light flashes quickly, versus staying on. That usually indicates a rolling code situation. Hope this helps.

hmmm, let me give it another try. I think the light flashes, but slow.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:24 AM

CLS55, 335i, A6, Prius
that's right...the button flashes, it's rolling code. Just park somewhere near the garage, pref. not near the door since the activation of the door can damage your car...hahaha (don't laugh, I've seen it happen). Anyways, press the learn button on your opener control box and then have at it on the button in your car. Twice or three times, slowly, about a second in between should do it. I just did another button for another parking spot and it works fine.

Good luck ...this message will self-destruct in......
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by acv999

Good luck ...this message will self-destruct in......
inspector gadget eh?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:27 AM

magLipVE
i still cant get it to work!

programming the hand remote works just fine. anyone here use the same garage door opener?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:13 AM

CLS55
did you read the manual for both yet?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:40 AM

99' C43 and 82 300D
FWIW - I too had a problem, and I did look in the manual. From what I remember you have to push in the outside buttons for something like 20 seconds, then press this and press that.

I got frustrated and only used the homelink for the gate. But recently I tried to just hold one button in (in my case the middle button), I held it in for 30 seconds, and while still holding the button in I held my Garage Door opener up to the mirror and pressed it for maybe 15 seconds. The homelink started flashing and it works the Garage door now.

Maybe I got lucky on the code. Give it a try.....

Scott
Old 06-09-2006, 03:41 PM

magLipVE
Originally Posted by Dogshine
did you read the manual for both yet?

yes, i read the mercedes one and one from homelink.com. basically, press the learn button, then homelink for 2 seconds, release and repeat 3 times. been trying to contact mbusa, but by the time i get home, its off hours.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:45 PM

magLipVE
Originally Posted by 99c43
FWIW - I too had a problem, and I did look in the manual. From what I remember you have to push in the outside buttons for something like 20 seconds, then press this and press that.

I got frustrated and only used the homelink for the gate. But recently I tried to just hold one button in (in my case the middle button), I held it in for 30 seconds, and while still holding the button in I held my Garage Door opener up to the mirror and pressed it for maybe 15 seconds. The homelink started flashing and it works the Garage door now.

Maybe I got lucky on the code. Give it a try.....

Scott
yea, also tried that. pressing the two outter button basically resets homelink.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 PM

CLS55
ok. heres what i did with my homelink remote and transmitter (but i don't have the specifics because i read the manual, programmed and put the stuff away) because maybe you are missing a step somewhere.

1. i programmed the remote to the garage door opener. it worked.

2. program the car with the remote - follow the steps and the flashing lights confirm it has been programmed.

3. program the car to the garage door opener. this part i remember - push the button on the door opener, push it on the car, push it on the car again to confirm, then it works!

hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Now this is going back about 3 years ago but I had trouble with mine at first too. I first tried holding the garage door remote up to the button in the car to program the car button. After that I had to open the garage door unit where the light bulb is. there was a button I had to push. A red light would blink on the garage door opener. then I ran back to my car and pressed the button up by the windshield. Can't remmeber after that. I think the garage door opener just accepted the code. Works fine now.
I hope thats how I did it...can't remember.LOL
Does that sound right.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:41 PM

CLS55
thats exactly what i had to do, stiggs, but you have to press AND HOLD it for a sec TWICE to get it to accept the code. the third time you press and hold it will control the door.

you can't just press, must press and hold a couple of secs...