C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Bumper Vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper Vents

sorry but i dont know exactly what theyre called, but is there anyone that makes a bumper for the cls that has the side vents that are on the 65s and the clk63? any info is appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Almost a Member!

M3
I would stay away from the 65 style bumper, unless you have a 65 engine to go with it.. Some things are just better to be left alone. The bumper vents were made for the twin intercoolers on each side btw. So without dual intercoolers I dont see the purpose. Might even cause unwanted drag.. This wasnt ment to flame you in any way. Just my 2 cents..
Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by OUTLAW///M3 SMG
I would stay away from the 65 style bumper, unless you have a 65 engine to go with it.. Some things are just better to be left alone. The bumper vents were made for the twin intercoolers on each side btw. So without dual intercoolers I dont see the purpose. Might even cause unwanted drag.. This wasnt ment to flame you in any way. Just my 2 cents..

There are NO intercoolers in that part of the car. There could be added oil coolers or trans coolers but its not for intake air cooling.

The intercooler is located next to the radiator on the CLS and E55's cooler is the same size on all the CLS cars.

65's do not have intercoolers there either. Is however used for cooling of other parts
Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Almost a Member!

M3
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
There are NO intercoolers in that part of the car. There could be added oil coolers or trans coolers but its not for intake air cooling.

The intercooler is located next to the radiator on the CLS and E55's cooler is the same size on all the CLS cars.

65's do not have intercoolers there either. Is however used for cooling of other parts

I was reffering to the 65 AMG twin turbo v12's. I thought thats where the intercoolers are located. I wasnt reffering to cls55s or e55's.

Thanks for the clarification. Is that top secret or something? LOL jk I suppose it's for brake cooling.. Just kinda looks like your posing if you put 65 bumper on a 55. That was my point.