C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS63 or M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG Black on Berry Red
i say keep the CLS55. i saw the CLS63 at the dealer and the price isn't justified. the CLS55 is MORE than enough car. of course the M6 is a beautiful car but seriously, what will turn more heads on the streets? a CLS55/63 or a M6? people bow down to the AMG badge.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by chiphomme
I currently drive a CLS55 but have never really enjoyed the auto gear box. So I put a CLS63 on order (which is suppose to be delivered late Sept or early Oct.). In the mean time, though, I stumbled on a new black M6 that someone backed out of buying. I have to give the BMW dealer an answer in the morning as to whether I want the M6 or not. Would you wait for the CLS63 or take the M6?
You definitely sounded like one of those who (I admire) can afford to change lovely cars any time you want; so I guess BMW's crappy interior and the M6's less two doors probably are not the things would bother you for too long. I agree the 5-speed Auto is really a major dated item especially comparing with the 7G AMG Speedshift (which has been reprogrammed for the E63 (and so I guess for CLS63)). I would want better reasons to go for a M6 than for soley for the SMG III. Technology and engineering wise, the E63 and CLS63 are obviously more refined. And yes, you will lose all the turn heads of your CLS, and frankly, at least in our city, more people can recognize a CLS than a minority M6. People would change his CLS for the same CLS just because he wants a different body paint, top fashion that is what I call it! The DOHC 6.2 litre engine is already a big gift. Two-months wait is not an excuse, you really need a better reason to go for the M6 (and it is black ) .

t

Last edited by cntlaw; 08-05-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:52 PM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Personally, id go with the m6. I was first thinkin to go with the CLS...then I came to thinking, I want a bit of a change, so I started to look at the m6 and the 911 turbo. m6 is probably a better daily driver, but i havent driven the new turbo to know how harsh it may or may not be. Either one i would buy in stick, though. I believe SMG is the future, but I also believe this current form of it is too imperfect for daily use. I ready people having issues from warnings popping up to feeling like youre being rear ended. I would rather lose the couple of tenths of a second and get a more reliable tranny, but thats just me. In any case, the CLS is a beautiful car, but so is the M6 and the M6's interior is much better than the 5 series, so that knock isn't too valid.

Judging from the fact you didnt like your cls that much, I would say go m6.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
SMG Gone

Anyone read that SMG is going to be gone next version ... just read it in one of the new car mags.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I think the M cars are keeping the SMGs while the 5 and 6 are getting a new double clutch (DSG-like) manumatic gear box to replace the jerky SMG.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I personally like the M6 a lot.

since you have a CLS55 already, maybe a change for now.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by ThemisN
Personally, id go with the m6. I was first thinkin to go with the CLS...then I came to thinking, I want a bit of a change, so I started to look at the m6 and the 911 turbo. m6 is probably a better daily driver, but i havent driven the new turbo to know how harsh it may or may not be. Either one i would buy in stick, though. I believe SMG is the future, but I also believe this current form of it is too imperfect for daily use. I ready people having issues from warnings popping up to feeling like youre being rear ended. I would rather lose the couple of tenths of a second and get a more reliable tranny, but thats just me. In any case, the CLS is a beautiful car, but so is the M6 and the M6's interior is much better than the 5 series, so that knock isn't too valid.

Judging from the fact you didnt like your cls that much, I would say go m6.
The TT can definitely be used as a DD. Go to any of the P-car forums and a GREAT deal of people use their cars as DD's. I don't ( have a compan car) but in a little over 4 months I've wracked up over 7,200 miles!! Of course, on real crappy city streets the Benz or M6 will be more compliant. On the open road though, you will give up very little in comfort. At least that's been my experience. The seats and seating poition are awesome. I drove my 997S 500 miles round trip to Boston and back last week. 2nd time in the last month and it is great. I spent an hour in a TT a few weeks ago and was very impressed.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:39 PM

CLS55, 335i, A6, Prius
Good. Great choice. M cars are better at handling, no doubt. So for your particular situation, I'd think that the BMW would of been the only choice for you. The Merc is most definitely more civilized and much more adapt as a daily "cruiser" whereas the MBW more so a daily "driver".

Understand though, I love my 55, and have had both the M5 and M6s. And got rid of both. Have fun with it!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Honestly , what is 'handling'? It means something differently to different people. Are you a street racer , drag racer or are you a CEO who just wanna have some fun driving on your way home? How fast a corner you think your wife and children will let you go that crazy ? Some here even make it sound like the 500+ hp CLS63 is not even capable for a little race?

I am not the one who will be convinced M6 is a better buy, better look than a CLS63. I basically agree the M6 is the best looking BMW model but this is because most other BMW models are ugly. Not a chance for the M6 if you park it side by side with the CLS63 ( or CLK63 ) for a beauty contest.

We pay usd 230K+ for a CLS63 or a M6 here. I want to be able to touch and feel and see what I am buying. Paying this amount of money for a luxury coupe/sedan for 'handling' is too Picasso to me, I could take a 997 Turbo / GT3 any time over the two.

CLS63 is way way >>>>> M6 , especially if you want to talk about interior quality and features, BMW cars interior is not hateful but if you are talking about spending on a luxury car for that bucks, BMW interior is still crap for another 20years.

( Note: I am not a BMW hater, I have had 3 BMWs and just 2 Benz )

Just look at the CLS55 list , not to menton we are talking about a CLS63! ( and.. Designo, IWC Edition.... .)

CLS 55 AMG
V8 / 5439cc / 476 Horsepower
0-100 km/h in 4.7s / Fuel consumption 13.6 L/100km

Interior
Ambience interior lighting front and rear, with dimmer control
ASSYST PLUS service interval indicator with service computer
12V power socket in rear
Adjustable head restraints front and rear, can be folded down electrically in the rear
AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel with gearshift buttons
AMG instrument cluster with 320 km/h scale
AMG SPEEDSHIFT 5-speed automatic transmission operated from steering wheel
AMG sport seats in front with cross-piping design and AMG badge
Analogue clock
Anti-theft warning system
Ashtray in rear
Automatic child seat recognition for front passenger seat (only for Mercedes-Benz approved transponder-equipped child seats)
Automatic Climate control (THERMOTRONIC)
Belt tensioners with two-stage belt force limiters for driver and front passenger, single-stage for passengers in rear
CD changer (MP3-compatible)
Chrome-plated door sill panels front and rear, front with ''Mercedes-Benz'' lettering
Chrome-plated door sill panels with AMG logo
COMAND with DVD navigation system
Compartment concealed behind switch strip in centre dome which swivels up electrically
Courtest light and reflector lamps in doors (X4)
Cruise control with SPEEDTRONIC variable speed limiter
Electrically adjustable front left seat with memory
Electrically adjustable front right seat with memory
Electrically adjustable front seats; driver's seat with mechanical lumbar support
Fanfare horn
First-aid kit in stowage compartment under front passenger seat
Fluid level warning indicator for oil and water
Four 3-point seat belts in appointments colour; height-adjustable in the front, with automatic belt-height adjustment in the rear
Front airbags with multi-stage deployment logic, sidebags for driver and front passenger, plus windowbags
Front and rear footwell lighting
Front armrest with ventilation for rear
Fuel tank with a capacity of 80 litres
Headlamp Assist (automatically activated headlamps)
Headlamp range adjustment
Heated front seats
Heated rear window with time relay, made from single-pane safety glass
Indicators with one touch control
Instrument cluster with backlighting, including large display plus a black base plate and black dials
Interior door openers in chrome design, illuminated
Interior lighting comes on automatically when vehicle is unlocked
Interior lighting in rear with integral reading lights
Interior mirror and aspherically curved exterior mirrors, automatically dimming on driver's side
ISOFIX child-seat anchorage points in the rear
KEYLESS-GO
Leather selector lever in appointments colour
Lockable glove compartment
Luggage net in front passenger footwell
Luxury automatic seat belts with self adjusting belt buckles in front
Mechanical childproof locks in the rear doors, plus electrical childproof locks for the power window controls in the rear
Memory package
Multi-contour seat, Left
Multi-contour seat, Right
Multifunction steering wheel in embossed leather
Outside temperature display
Passenger compartment protection
Power windows front and rear with one-touch control and obstruction sensor
Rear armrest with compartment and cup holder in appointments colour
Rear L/R sidebags
Rear windscreen roller blind, electric
Remote boot lid release with interior switch
Rev counter
Ruffled pockets in driver/front passenger's seatbacks
Seat occupancy sensor in front passenger seat
Silk-matt burr walnut
Soft-return grab handles, inside on roof frame
Sound system
Sporty pedals in polished stainless steel with rubber studs
Steering column manually adjustable for reach and height
Stowage compartment with power socket in front instead of ashtray
Stowage compartments under the front seats
Sun visors with vanity mirror, swivelling, plus mirror lighting in rood liner
Trip computer in the multifunction display
Twin stowage compartment in centre console, illuminated and ventilated
Warning buzzer which sounds when vehicle lights are left on or parking brake is not released
Warning display and warning buzzer if a front seat passenger is not buckled in
Washer fluid level warning indicator
Exterior
V8 KOMPRESSOR lettering on the sides of the front wings
Additional boot lighting in boot lid
Aero windscreen wipers with one-touch control
AMG 18'' light-alloy wheels in twin-spoke design painted in sterling silver
AMG bodystyling
AMG exhaust system with 2 chromed AMG twin tailpipes
AMG high-performance braking system with perforated front and rear brake discs
AMG spoiler lip on boot lid
AMG sports suspension derived from AIRMATIC DC including ADS II
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Basic fittings for carrier system: threaded plate with folding covers painted to match body colour in roof trim strip
Bi-Xenon headlamps with Active Light System and headlamp washing system
Blue tinted glass, all-round
Brake Assist System (BAS)
Brake lamps in LED design
Brake pad wear indicator
Bumpers painted in vehicle colour
Central locking with interior switch and crash sensor
Door handles in vehicle colour
Elec. folding outside rearview mirrors
Electric sunroof, glass version
Electronic immobiliser including ''ELCODE'' locking system, infrared radio remote control and visal locking confirmation (AZT and TUV approved)
Electronic Stability Program (ESP) including Acceleration Skid Control (ASR)
Exterior mirror housings with integral ambient lighting
Exterior mirrors L&R heated, elec. adj from inside and in bodywork colour with aspherically curved window glass and integrated turn signal indicators
Fog lamps, front & rear
Headlights cleaning system
Heated windscreen washer nozzles
Integrated side impact protection
Light alloy wheels front and rear in 5 twin-spoke design
Load anchorage points in boot
Packing
Paint protection
PARKTRONIC system
Programmable automatic vehicle locking and emergency opening
Projector-beam headlamps
Radiator grille with three silver-painted louvres
Rain sensor with infinitely variable interval
Roof trim strip in vehicle colour
Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC) brake system including SBC Hold start-off assist
Side skirts painted in vehicle colour
Spare wheel
Speed-sensitive steering with safety steering column
Tool kit
Tyre pressure loss warning system
Upfront and rollover sensory system
Warning triangle
18'' AMG multi-spoke light alloy wheels no cost
19'' AMG 5-spoke light alloy wheels 7,000
Exclusive nappa leather 11,000
Fire extinguisher, mounted 1,500
High-gloss laurel wood no cost
Matt laurel wood no cost
LINGUATRONIC voice control system, UK English (only in conjunction with mobile phone or preinstallation of mobile phone) 4,500
Luxury front seats, heated and ventilated 7,500
Mobile phone with universal UHI interface and mobile phone holder located in armrest 10,500
Preinstallation for mobile phone with universal UHI interface located in armrest, incl. hands-free system and aerial 6,000
Remote boot locking 5,500
Specially arranged paintwork 33,000
Underbody protection 1,500

Last edited by cntlaw; 08-07-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:42 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Honestly , what is 'handling'? It means something differently to different people. Are you a street racer , drag racer or are you a CEO who just wanna have some fun driving on your way home? How fast a corner you think your wife and children will let you go that crazy ? Some here even make it sound like the 500+ hp CLS63 is not even capable for a little race?

I am not the one who will be convinced M6 is a better buy, better look than a CLS63. I basically agree the M6 is the best looking BMW model but this is because most other BMW models are ugly. Not a chance for the M6 if you park it side by side with the CLS63 ( or CLK63 ) for a beauty contest.

We pay usd 230K+ for a CLS63 or a M6 here. I want to be able to touch and feel and see what I am buying. Paying this amount of money for a luxury coupe/sedan for 'handling' is too Picasso to me, I could take a 997 Turbo / GT3 any time over the two.

CLS63 is way way >>>>> M6 , especially if you want to talk about interior quality and features, BMW cars interior is not hateful but if you are talking about spending on a luxury car for that bucks, BMW interior is still crap for another 20years.

( Note: I am not a BMW hater, I have had 3 BMWs and just 2 Benz )

Just look at the CLS55 list , not to menton we are talking about a CLS63! ( and.. Designo, IWC Edition.... .)

CLS 55 AMG
V8 / 5439cc / 476 Horsepower
0-100 km/h in 4.7s / Fuel consumption 13.6 L/100km

You're clueless.
I'm not a Mercedes hater obviously but you're wrong about quality when comparing the two. Mercedes quality isn't very good. And as far as looks are concerned its pretty much a toss up between the CLS and the M6.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Almost a Member!

M3
I love the ///M6 but the cls55/63 wins the beauty contest hands down. I think merc hit right on the mark with this car. IMO is the best looking merc out right now. other then the new designo graphite S65!!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
I believe that M6 is for CLK55K/63 AMG line not in CLS league.
By the way I would take CLS hands down everyday for many many reasons.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:37 AM
Almost a Member!

M3
Originally Posted by JLee81
I believe that M6 is for CLK55K/63 AMG line not in CLS league.

I have to disagree. The ///M6 was made to compete with the sl55. The cls is considered a coupe so I can see the comparison. Clk55 is compared to the M3 (equaly matched race). The ///M6 will destroy and humiliate the clk55/63.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
The original poster question is:
"Would you wait for the CLS63 or take the M6?"
Obviously, he would dump the M6 if the CLS63 is here.

SL-class is luxury roadster, the closest BMW equivalence is Z8, not the 6-series. It will take BMW another 30 years to come up with the class & style could match the SL.

Last edited by cntlaw; 08-10-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:54 AM

Dear Outlaw,

M6 is not in the Coupe Sedan Segment at all and BMW will not make one anytime soon. Therefore, there is no direct comparison between CLS and 6 Series. Price range of CLK AMG is more expensive than M3s.. M3s are for Audi S4 and C32 a long time ago. CLK63 is the match for M6. Don't try to argue on this point.

M6 just came in the market and bumped up the hp to V-10 500hp in a sport coupe. So MB raised CLK55 to 63 spec and made it perform almost like it. CLK63 was given the biggest difference in terms of performance among current AMG lines. According to reviews, CLK63 performed almost as fast as M6 on the track. I mean on the track. On a high speed run CLK63 has a good chance of taking over M6 since it has a larger displacemnt which helps over 200km/h.

The decision making between M6 and CLS AMG would mostly depend on whether you like a sedan or coupe. It between M6 and CLK55K or 63 AMG depends on the performance asepcts of each car.

I hope I made my point clear. M6 is just in a different world not superior nor inferior to CLS. Just different.

Last edited by JLee81; 08-10-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Dear Outlaw,

M6 is not in the Coupe Sedan Segment at all and BMW will not make one anytime soon. Therefore, there is no direct comparison between CLS and 6 Series. Price range of CLK AMG is more expensive than M3s.. M3s are for Audi S4 and C32 a long time ago. CLK63 is the match for M6. Don't try to argue on this point.

M6 just came in the market and bumped up the hp to V-10 500hp in a sport coupe. So MB raised CLK55 to 63 spec and made it perform almost like it. CLK63 was given the biggest difference in terms of performance among current AMG lines. According to reviews, CLK63 performed almost as fast as M6 on the track. I mean on the track. On a high speed run CLK63 has a good chance of taking over M6 since it has a larger displacemnt which helps over 200km/h.

The decision making between M6 and CLS AMG would mostly depend primarily on whether you like a sedan or coupe. It between M6 and CLK55K or 63 AMG depends on the performance asepcts of each car.

I hope I made my point clear. M6 is just in a different world not superior nor inferior to CLS. Just different.

Thank you. You have said something I did not say it.
I salute you, CLS55 IWC Edition is 3 million HK$ here!
M6 has to find a hole to hide in front a CLS55 IWC Edition.
( and someone even said M6 can 'humiliate' a CLS55 , my assss )
I love this thread.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by cntlaw
Thank you. You have said something I did not say it.
I salute you, CLS55 IWC Edition is 3 million HK$ here!
M6 has to find a hole to hide in front a CLS55 IWC Edition.
( and someone even said M6 can 'humiliate' a CLS55 , my assss )
I love this thread.
I pity this guy! After reading his numerous posts. I conclude this guy only judges cars ONLY based on its value and the status it brings.

And base on your logic, most mercedes would need to find a hole to hide everytime they run into those double decked buses in HK simply because the bus cost more?

I happened to be from Hong Kong, and I feel ashame of you.

Last edited by MikeHK; 08-10-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Almost a Member!

M3
Jlee81-

I see your point. But I am sorry to say a clk55 is not in the same leauge as the M6. End of discussion. Look at the size of the car, the performance numbers spell disaster for the clk, the status level, not to mention the price.. I can outrun clk55 in my M3 up to 120mph. You have the choice to think what you want. Im just stating facts. It doesnt matter if they put a v12 tt in a clk it still wasnt "ment" to be competing against the 6. IMO The whole purpose of the 6 series is to compete with the sl.. They are both top of the line roadsters.. I believe a well known euro magazine already did a test with cls63 and the M6 as well. So obviously they are compared.

Last edited by OUTLAW///M3 SMG; 08-10-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 365 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by MikeHK
I pity this guy! After reading his numerous posts. I conclude this guy only judges cars ONLY based on its value and the status it brings.

And base on your logic, most mercedes would need to find a hole to hide everytime they run into those double decked buses in HK simply because the bus cost more?

I happened to be from Hong Kong, and I feel ashame of you.
In HK and TPE, mercedes are seen as status symbols, not so much with BMW's. Everyone with a 320 puts 500, 600 or AMG badges on them. I would hesitate to take any of their heavily biased opinions to heart.

What I don't get is, how does the guy from South Korea, who is a military officer according to his profile, afford a $250,000 car on an officer's salary?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 365 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Dear Outlaw,

The decision making between M6 and CLS AMG would mostly depend on whether you like a sedan or coupe. It between M6 and CLK55K or 63 AMG depends on the performance asepcts of each car.

You are out of your mind dude. An M6 would ride all over a CLK63. ESPECIALLY at highway speeds.

Let me fill you in on something, of all the comparison tests you see in magazines Worldwide, the E55/63 is compared to the M5, and the CLS55/63 is compared to the M6. Its not just about performance, its about PRICE POINT.

The CLK will be competing with the new M3 when it comes out, which will likely not be much of a competition in acceleration because from what I hear the M3 will only have about 400bhp.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:54 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
In HK and TPE, mercedes are seen as status symbols, not so much with BMW's. Everyone with a 320 puts 500, 600 or AMG badges on them. I would hesitate to take any of their heavily biased opinions to heart.
Oh it doesn't only happen 13 time zones away...saw a CL500 on the West Side Highway a couple of evenings ago with the "AMG" badge on it. And have seen more than a few E-class and S-class saloons on the streets of Manhattan or Bergen County with the chromed exhaust tips and AMG badges attached.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=
What I don't get is, how does the guy from South Korea, who is a military officer according to his profile, afford a $250,000 car on an officer's salary?[/QUOTE]

If you are wondering how I have CLK55 and CLS IWC fully paid in cash.. Just think in different directions. What were you thinking when you wrote this comment? What about me coming from South Korea? What makes you think that an officer cannot drive around his US$250,000 car? kkkkkkk... Who are you by the way?
Old 08-10-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
You are out of your mind dude. An M6 would ride all over a CLK63. ESPECIALLY at highway speeds.

Let me fill you in on something, of all the comparison tests you see in magazines Worldwide, the E55/63 is compared to the M5, and the CLS55/63 is compared to the M6. Its not just about performance, its about PRICE POINT.

The CLK will be competing with the new M3 when it comes out, which will likely not be much of a competition in acceleration because from what I hear the M3 will only have about 400bhp.
What makes you think that I am out of my mind? Would you like that if I wrote that as a reply to your post? Where is your reasoning coming from? Show me a review that M6 will be all over CLK63. Why don't you go to CLK55 AMG section and read the article between M6 and CLK63. If M3 comes close to M6's performance and engineering, I will agree with you but with 400bhp it just wont have a chance against CLK63. I personally would like to compare the cars when they could actually run. All I am saying is that CLK63 performance is now up par with M6. Please post your reply after reading that article.

Since the New M3 is not even out in the market, so let's just put it aside. You are comparing an orange and an apple. CLS and 6 Series... According to your logic any 4 door sedan in CLS55 price range can be compared with M6. If you insist that they are comparable, I will not argue about it since there is no point. If you want to compare them, I guess it's your choice.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:13 PM

The SL competitor from BMW is actually being made. The roadster Z8 was the SL competitor which failed. The 6 series exterior is bigger than CLK but the M6 owners got in my CLK and told me that the CLK's more roomier than M6. They felt that because CLK is roomier in the back seats than M6's. This could be jus a personal opinion. After M6 came out CLK63 was born and ran on the track go to CLK55 section and find the article. It was a recent post.
It is awesome that you could outrun W209 CLK55 AMG upto 200km/h.

I just know my car's potential since I have been driving it hard for 30000 miles without worrying about getting caught by police since I came back to South Korea. I know that AA M3 will pull hard on me but... N/A tuned M3 will never ever line up with me here, and there are many of them in Korea and I literally destroyed all that wanted to run with me. By the way South Korea is the second biggest high performance car buyer in Asia, just after Japan. So it is very easy to compare cars here and we wreck lots of them as well. So we keep buying more and more ^^;;

As I mentioned in my reply to CH's post, if you would like to compare them it is fine with me but you have to know that it is very very simple to know the differences between a coupe and a sedan if one likes cars.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
The SL competitor from BMW is actually being made. The roadster Z8 was the SL competitor which failed. The 6 series exterior is bigger than CLK but the M6 owners got in my CLK and told me that the CLK's more roomier than M6. They felt that because CLK is roomier in the back seats than M6's. This could be jus a personal opinion. After M6 came out CLK63 was born and ran on the track go to CLK55 section and find the article. It was a recent post.
It is awesome that you could outrun W209 CLK55 AMG upto 200km/h.

I just know my car's potential since I have been driving it hard for 30000 miles without worrying about getting caught by police since I came back to South Korea. I know that AA M3 will pull hard on me but... N/A tuned M3 will never ever line up with me here, and there are many of them in Korea and I literally destroyed all that wanted to run with me. By the way South Korea is the second biggest high performance car buyer in Asia, just after Japan. So it is very easy to compare cars here and we wreck lots of them as well. So we keep buying more and more ^^;;

As I mentioned in my reply to CH's post, if you would like to compare them it is fine with me but you have to know that it is very very simple to know the differences between a coupe and a sedan if one likes cars.
JLee

Thank you for sharing your extraorfinary experience with your IWC CLS55 in Korea. I am sure many like to hear more about street racings in South Korea. I have only been sitting inside an awsome IWC CLS55 in the HK IWC AMG road show, and its exclusiveness is hard to beat by any normal versions of luxury cars. Pity it is 380K here, hard to afford, or I would get it if it were 250K.

And yes, CNTLAW gives no fck to some who would be upset, and I repeat again,
" M6 will find a hole to hide in front of a CLS55 AMG IWC Edition.
cnt
p.s. photos I took in 2005:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=IWC

Last edited by cntlaw; 08-10-2006 at 11:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS63 or M6