C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

DVD, HID and Navigation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD, HID and Navigation?

Hi, I originally posted on the CLS forums, but I'm also hoping to get feedback from the well-informed community here in the CL55/63 forums.

I'm planning to get a CLS550, and I'd like to get:

1) factory navigation system
2) aftermarket HID
3) Euro COMAND (to enable DVD playback while driving)

I've seen Evan's useful post (https://mbworld.org/forums/sho...ht=euro+comand) and was wondering if there's any other information:

A) Will 1) and 3) interfere with each other, and if so, how can I get both Navigation and DVD playback? The best solution I could find is about $1,200, but it has only European (and not US) navigation data:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mercedes-Benz-W2...QQcmdZViewItem

B) What bulb type do I need to look for in an HID kit?
C) Any chance that the dealer would install my HID and Euro COMAND kits, and if no, how can I find a reputable installer in the San Francisco area?
D) I've heard rumors that the Euro COMAND kits now have had the backdoor removed for in-motion DVD playback. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.

Z.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:18 AM

CLS55 06 (K4, LSD), Range Rover Sport 06, Bentley Flying Spur 07
All I could tell you is that you really can enable dvd in motion on euro command. sorry can't help you with other questions.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 AM

09 E350 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
Yes you can enable dvd on the euro command and it will not interfere with the nav. HID you need H7 for low beam I would suggest either 6k bright with no blue hue or 8k put has the bluish hue. Your fog you would need H11 you usually put something less kelvins in the fog. If you are using 6k on the low beam then you use 4k for the fog. If you use the 8k for your low beam use 6K for the fog and so on. Not sure about the dealer if they will install those things for you but you can always try. I suggest some reputable shop dealer will always charge rediculous prices for the install. Goodluck.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the tips. I wonder if the factory will install a euro-spec COMAND if I request it, or maybe if I went through the European Delivery Program and picked it up in Germany.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Originally Posted by Zoomer
Thanks for the tips. I wonder if the factory will install a euro-spec COMAND if I request it, or maybe if I went through the European Delivery Program and picked it up in Germany.
No they will not install a Euro comand for you even if your doing Euro delivery. I did one as well, you will get a US version. Also the new Euro comands have elimanted the backdoor code on disabling the in motion DVD, so you need to get a used older model. Ebay Germany or Italy is your best bet. I bought mine from naviandbmwparts off of ebay, he is legit.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Kevin M.]Also the new Euro comands have elimanted the backdoor code on disabling the in motion DVD, so you need to get a used older model.QUOTE]

Thanks Kevin. Any idea on what model numbers I should look out for, to make sure I get a backdoor enabled unit?
Old 09-04-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
[quote=Zoomer]
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Also the new Euro comands have elimanted the backdoor code on disabling the in motion DVD, so you need to get a used older model.QUOTE]

Thanks Kevin. Any idea on what model numbers I should look out for, to make sure I get a backdoor enabled unit?
Not sure what to look out for, but I do know that these models work..