C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Ipod & Blue Tooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55
Ipod & Blue Tooth

Finally got these two things installed. I had put it off for quite some time, can't believe I waited so long. I have the hands free with voice control feature and boy it works great with the blue tooth. The only problem is I can't download my phone book since its blue tooth (T-Mobile MDA).

The ipod kit works great, finally after a year of sitting in the drawer I can actually enjoy it. I am a little disapointed with the sound, but I always fealt this way about the ipod so i think being in the car is no different. Some songs sounds much better than others but overall I like the fact that I have plenty of music to listen to.

So I definately recommend both options to any one thinking of purchasing them. I paid 450 plus install $700.00 plus 375.00 for the blue tooth.

Well worth it.
Clos
Old 10-11-2006, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
People blame the iPOD for songs encoded badly. If you put in AIFF files it is exactly the same as a CD.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Clos, use my fix for the Ipod sound, it will sound just like CD's after.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/158169-weekend-project-part-ii-illuminated-sills-v1-ipod-fix.html
Old 12-14-2006, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin,

Is the ipod fix as easy or difficult as installing the ipod integration?

I was going to pay the dealer for install but if I'm going to do the fix, I may as well install myself? Or is it two different procedures?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by HemantS
Kevin,

Is the ipod fix as easy or difficult as installing the ipod integration?

I was going to pay the dealer for install but if I'm going to do the fix, I may as well install myself? Or is it two different procedures?
Dealer must install it, because the computer has to be programmed, and its not a easy job running wires from the back to the front. You can however have them install it, and apply my fix while doing the installation. It will save some labor as well, because he won't have to pull out the NAV unit to plug in a wire from the integration kit. Kinda hard to explain on paper, PM and I will give you my number if you'd like to discuss it.

Kevin
Old 12-15-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Does the voice control worl with the ipod kit. What I mean is can you skip tracks like you can with the CD changer?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
Originally Posted by Shaun
Does the voice control worl with the ipod kit. What I mean is can you skip tracks like you can with the CD changer?

No, you can only change the tracks and playlists with the controls on the steering wheel. You can see the names of the tracks on the dash display, it will not show up on the Nav unit.