Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E 500 4matic wagon; CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by bocacls63
Alright, so far I'm the old man here. 37
No you'r not; I am 72
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Almost a Member!

i think this turned into a jealousy thread to be honest...alot of older guys are gettin a little mad so they turned this into a "well i have my title"...congratulations, but we both drive the same car...and i agree with "cars are liabilities not assets"...unless you buy a super exotic car, your going to lose a nice amount of money on the vehicle.

but to each his own...i just think its dumb to change the topic because you want to let everyone know that you have your title for your car, house, boat, jetski, hovercraft, spaceship or whatever else you want to name.

i dont think anyone who drives a car like this is going to be living in a cardboard box in order to drive a benz...so if they feel they can afford it, then its their choice...
Old 12-10-2006, 10:40 AM

06 CLS55 AMG & 08 CL65 Mystic White
Talking

Originally Posted by isorryi
i think this turned into a jealousy thread to be honest...alot of older guys are gettin a little mad so they turned this into a "well i have my title"...congratulations, but we both drive the same car...and i agree with "cars are liabilities not assets"...unless you buy a super exotic car, your going to lose a nice amount of money on the vehicle.

but to each his own...i just think its dumb to change the topic because you want to let everyone know that you have your title for your car, house, boat, jetski, hovercraft, spaceship or whatever else you want to name.

i dont think anyone who drives a car like this is going to be living in a cardboard box in order to drive a benz...so if they feel they can afford it, then its their choice...
+1 well said!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
age of mercedes owners

i bet you if you contacted MB north america and asked for them for demographic info on these cars (CLS in particular), my gut feel is that their target audience is male, 50-59 and, and makes $200k+/yr.

this is not to say that people older and younger can't own and enjoy the cars, but they made these cars and targeted the marketing for a group of people.

this mbworld board is great, but is not even close to representing what the average mb owners' age or behavior.

mb used to be for rich people and the cars were sold in very limited volumes - that was also when resale was good. now, they have an mb for everyone, including 20 somethings as "entry" level. unfortunately, mb HAD no choice - they needed the mass volume to stay competitive globally...so now their volumes are high, but so's the resale value as well as the interior build quality(i think audi's still the best in that dept).
Old 12-10-2006, 01:11 PM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10

I highly doubt the "older guys" are jealous of the 20somethings, well except for 1 thing I can think of-LOL
Old 12-10-2006, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
i bet you if you contacted MB north america and asked for them for demographic info on these cars (CLS in particular), my gut feel is that their target audience is male, 50-59 and, and makes $200k+/yr.

this is not to say that people older and younger can't own and enjoy the cars, but they made these cars and targeted the marketing for a group of people.

this mbworld board is great, but is not even close to representing what the average mb owners' age or behavior.

mb used to be for rich people and the cars were sold in very limited volumes - that was also when resale was good. now, they have an mb for everyone, including 20 somethings as "entry" level. unfortunately, mb HAD no choice - they needed the mass volume to stay competitive globally...so now their volumes are high, but so's the resale value as well as the interior build quality(i think audi's still the best in that dept).
Oh I don't know dude, I think you're waaaay off. If anything I would say they targeted the car (base CLS) towards 35-45 with $130K +. The AMGs are a whole different story though.
The car for the 50+ drive has always been the S or the CL. Although I like both those cars too I just don't see myself (30) driving one for a while.
And I think holding title is not really big deal. I could hold title if I wanted to but being a business owner i would be stupid not to lease the car. MB lease program is one of the best I have dealt with so far (we'll see though). They don't really expect the car back in great shape, which is what other car companies expect.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:24 PM

06 CLS55 AMG & 08 CL65 Mystic White
Unless you are going to drive the car till the wheels fall off, doesn't it make sense to put your money in other investments that pay a return? I could own the title on my car but why when there is so many other places to have 50-100K tied up? Interest alone could make part of the car payment.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Almost a Member!

I highly doubt the "older guys" are jealous of the 20somethings, well except for 1 thing I can think of-LOL
nah i think they are in a way because it took them all this time to reach success and have nice things and here we come half there age drivin the same car...ill admit id be a little mad too but not enough to act like im 5 and ramble off the things i own and someone doesnt. and whoever said there should be a "age vs loan" chart or whatever just supported my opinion. all you were supposed to do was answer the guys question by posting your age, and it turned into a bad day of show and tell in kindergarden.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 PM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10
nah i think they are in a way because it took them all this time to reach success and have nice things and here we come half there age drivin the same car...ill admit id be a little mad too but not enough to act like im 5 and ramble off the things i own and someone doesnt. and whoever said there should be a "age vs loan" chart or whatever just supported my opinion. all you were supposed to do was answer the guys question by posting your age, and it turned into a bad day of show and tell in kindergarden.
then riddle me this batman;
what do you think of poseur's? because if anything the "old farts" probably see it that way and jealousy isn't coming into play. exactly what I was trying to convey with my story of my dad , but in a PC way. And further more its the younglings getting a hyped out over this.....because it must be true.
anyway this thread is boring to me now so I'm done with it....flame away, be my guest.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Almost a Member!

M3

Hovercraft.. LOL!!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 AM

CLS55 06 (K4, LSD), Range Rover Sport 06, Bentley Flying Spur 07
I'm 23
Old 12-13-2006, 08:08 AM

sorry, i am the old guy in the group. age 62!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:41 PM

05 c55
Originally Posted by FORZFED
just turned 21...
Damn. That is quite a garage of vehicles if all of those are yours.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 cls 63 030
25 and loving it
Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Banned

German
Originally Posted by trezaei
Trying to prove to my buddies that some young people DO own this car so they won't call it an old man's car. Let me know.

maybe because old men cant drive manual trans. ? and AMG has no manual trans...
Old 12-25-2006, 01:48 PM

cls 63
Thumbs up 43 oldest man here

63 cls and to much cars to name here
Old 12-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Blue 06 CLS55
am 18 :P