Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
How much could I get this CLS63 for?

Back in September I saw this CLS63 for sale at MB of Massapequa

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...l=&cardist=100

It has 410 miles on it so I figure it is a dealer's demo or the owner of the place was joy riding in it. The guy I was talking with stated it was never titled. Big deal. So I wanted to know how much? The sticker is $99,695, but no way I'm paying that for a car with over 400 miles on it. The guy I was talking with couldn't get his head out of his *** and no deals were made. I stopped the negotiations. Now out of the blue this guy is calling me every other week asking if I'm still interested. I smell desperation here. He leaves messages on my cell asking me to call him back. You think he would get the hint when I don't return his calls. Its like some fat chick calling you for sex all the time! Its annoying.
But it did get me thinking. How desperate are they?
How much do you think I could get this car for? Just food for thought. I don't think I can swing this car right now money wise, but was interested in what you guys had to say.
Thanks for listening.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Just b/c he is calling you doesnt mean that they are desperate. Most times sales people have mandatory follow ups, even if it has been a few months, they'll still check in to see if you're in the market. That being said, im sure you could get a fair amount off that sticker, but I wouldn't see it going much below $95k. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 566 Likes on 374 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Back in September I saw this CLS63 for sale at MB of Massapequa

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...l=&cardist=100

It has 410 miles on it so I figure it is a dealer's demo or the owner of the place was joy riding in it. The guy I was talking with stated it was never titled. Big deal. So I wanted to know how much? The sticker is $99,695, but no way I'm paying that for a car with over 400 miles on it. The guy I was talking with couldn't get his head out of his *** and no deals were made. I stopped the negotiations. Now out of the blue this guy is calling me every other week asking if I'm still interested. I smell desperation here. He leaves messages on my cell asking me to call him back. You think he would get the hint when I don't return his calls. Its like some fat chick calling you for sex all the time! Its annoying.
But it did get me thinking. How desperate are they?
How much do you think I could get this car for? Just food for thought. I don't think I can swing this car right now money wise, but was interested in what you guys had to say.
Thanks for listening.

Throw 85k at him and see if he bites. I'd settle for 90, it's still 10k depreciation for only 400 miles. Sure someone might have been driving it like it was stolen, but its not that many miles in the big picture.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
Just b/c he is calling you doesnt mean that they are desperate. Most times sales people have mandatory follow ups, even if it has been a few months, they'll still check in to see if you're in the market. That being said, im sure you could get a fair amount off that sticker, but I wouldn't see it going much below $95k. Good luck with your purchase.
It just feels desperate when he keeps calling and calling. I'm just here to get a general idea of what the price should be. I like Cylinder Head's offer of $85K. Its real low but I bet the longer it doesn't sell the more they would be willing to bite on that.
I'm sure they are looking for something in the $90's.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
i dont think the badly optioned 55's (no options and halogen headlamps) were going for that cheap new at the end.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
It just feels desperate when he keeps calling and calling. I'm just here to get a general idea of what the price should be. I like Cylinder Head's offer of $85K. Its real low but I bet the longer it doesn't sell the more they would be willing to bite on that.
I hear ya, good luck with your negotiations, I hope you get it for a steal
Old 03-24-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Stiggs You would Love the 63 and yes there are some good deals avail.. Especially this summer as gas goes higher and the08 starts arriving. Best I have seen is 7-10k off msrp. so 85k on a 99k car w/400 mi seems like it would be GOOD, GREAT..90 likely gets it. maybe 92 t o ps
Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by juicee55
Stiggs You would Love the 63 and yes there are some good deals avail.. Especially this summer as gas goes higher and the08 starts arriving. Best I have seen is 7-10k off msrp. so 85k on a 99k car w/400 mi seems like it would be GOOD, GREAT..90 likely gets it. maybe 92 t o ps
Thanks man. I was wondering what the realistic price would be. I think I might wait a little longer for the price to come down more.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd offer somewhere between 85-90.... and hold your ground... make sur ehe understand if he doesn't take it, you're about to buy another... It'll be he's chance to move inventory. I bought abrand new one, no miles with all the options I wanted, a sticker prices of 103 for 95. so I'm sure you shoudl get this for less with 400 miles on it.