C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Rough Downshift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Rough Downshift

I know I only have 60 miles on my car, but I am noticing a downshift from 2 to 1 as I am just slowing down to a red light. In my E55 an GL with the 7 speed, you can never feel the car downshifting as I am slowing down to the light. I heard other people have received an updated tranmission software. Seeing that I just got my car on April 21, I would have assumed I have all the updated software. Is there a way I can check?

Also, any tips on tinting the windows? Do's and Don'ts? Thanks.

I had to accelerate on the freeway just a bit, and my friend(who rode in my E55 everyday) says, hmmm, this thing has got some hp! I only stepped on it half throttle to 4.5-5K. Oh yeah baby!

amgbg

Last edited by amgbg; 04-23-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
There is no way to check. BUT the dealer hardly ever does the updates for you before they give it to you. BECAUSE: if they do the update before you take delivery they have to pay for it. But if you bring it back it's a service call they can charge MB for. Now do you see? lol. Anyway, take it back and it'll get fixed. It'll still react somewhat strange from time to time if you're driving it like a madman but it should be much better. Update your sig/profile so we know what car you're driving. I am guessing 63 since you have so little miles on it.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 PM

CLS63 AMG
Good point on the warranty pay. Although they are suppose to update the software during pre-delivery. They do get paid for that, but like you said, if I went back, they would be able to write up another warranty RO and get paid on it. I will call my service advisor and see if he can pull up my car on his computer and see if I have the latest software.

Thanks.