Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
How much did you pay for labour?

I recently bought the door sills for my cls from mymercedes.com and they cost around 241.704 $ with shipping and took it to the dealer over here. They had the car since Thursday and I should have collected it today, but got told that the kit I provided did not have the right things they needed and that the car did not have wiring required…. I said aren’t the 06 models meant to have all this wiring sorted and they said no.

That’s not my real problem; the issue lies in that I am getting charged 466.144 USD labour ! More then the bloody kit and shipping put together…. Is this right?
He said the car was opened up so they can extend wires etc….. I have visions of a mutilated car, sniff glad I am not there to see it!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
You should have printed out my how to do it yourself guide and given it to them. It's really no more then a 2 hour job, so I'm not sure what there hourly rate is I would guess no more then $100, so they are giving it to you a little bit. But thats the chance you take when going to a dealer. Also in the future always get a estimate prior.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
You should have printed out my how to do it yourself guide and given it to them. It's really no more then a 2 hour job, so I'm not sure what there hourly rate is I would guess no more then $100, so they are giving it to you a little bit. But thats the chance you take when going to a dealer. Also in the future always get a estimate prior.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Well you see I looked at your guide and it was ace . But i have no skills in those departments and doing disassembling in my first car would be to much!
So I decided to get it done right.
As for estimate cost, I got that and was arranging a discount... till I called yesterday and they said that car did not have the right wiring and that they had to provide a few more parts to do it, thus the extra charge & labor .

Inshalah it will finish