C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Euro Deilvery: Anyone get the 7% off on AMG cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find
Question Euro Deilvery: Anyone get the 7% off on AMG cars?

If you did, could you please recommend the dealer and sales persons name. I am being told that NO 7% off on CLS 63, but yes on CLS 550 only car!!

Last edited by cosmos; 08-18-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
I did receive 7% off of my 55 last year. The dealer doesn't decided if you get the Euro discount or not, its strictly up to Mercedes. When I first ordered the CLS, I ordered the 500, at that time the CLS was not on the Euro program, so I was able to negotiate with the dealer and received about 6% off, $1k over invoice. Now that car was going to be taken from the dealers allocation. 2 weeks later I noticed that Mercedes added the CLS 500 and 55 to to the Euro program, meaning automatic 7% discount, along with no delivery charge. So I called my dealer and we were able to cancel the 500 and order the 55 at a discount, at that time they were going for about 10K over MSRP. So here is the deal, you need to call the Euro department direct and ask them if the 63 is on the program or not, their number is 800-243-3876. If they say yes, then inform your dealer to stop screwing you and write up the order. Now if the 63 is not on the program, then you can still order a vehicle through any dealer and negotiate a price, and still pick it up at the factory, you just lose the perks, ie. delivery charge waved, one night stay at a list of hotels, and taxi fairs from airport to hotel, and hotel to factory, and 75 euros for lunch at the factory.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find
I was told I get all the "perks", but no discount on the car. Its full pop retail as the AMG cars do not recieve the Euro deilvery discount. ;-(.

Funny that you replied to the post, as it was your write up that made up the decsion for me to do Euro. I also noticed that you did not lease, did you finance, and if so did the bank have a issue with you doing Euro delivery? My bank does not like the fact that they will not get the MSO or title till I get back to the States. I really dont want to part with all that cash and my bank will do 4.99% financing for me.

Last edited by cosmos; 08-19-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Glad to hear I helped you decide on doing Euro delivery, your the 2nd guy to have said that, one just got back. I did finance it, I used Patelco credit union, they offered a great rate 5.5% and had no issue with the Euro delivery, they understood that they would get title upon my return. So I assume the dealer is giving you the info on Euro delivery? I just looked at the Euro website, and it does appear the 550 is the only CLS that is on the program, but I'd still call them Monday and ask, they may add it in the next few months, regardless you can negotiate with the dealer to get a better price.