C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Pictures Finally!!! Cor Wheels On Cls55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007 | 08:14 PM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Angry

Now you got me worried because when I track the module it says it only weighs 1.0lbs it better only weigh 1 lb. this person has 256 positive with 2 negatives and those 2 are from sellers so now you tell me what you think.
LOOK
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110179954219

PLease tell me that this module only weighs 1lb. in the box.
Old 10-17-2007 | 03:05 AM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
I've seen and carried the box...it's very light indeed. Not certain on the exact weight but 1 pound sounds about right. And you should be OK using paypal.
Old 10-17-2007 | 11:20 PM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by W219CLS55
Now you got me worried because when I track the module it says it only weighs 1.0lbs it better only weigh 1 lb. this person has 256 positive with 2 negatives and those 2 are from sellers so now you tell me what you think.
LOOK
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110179954219

PLease tell me that this module only weighs 1lb. in the box.
Ever since Paypal was bought out by eBay, the services have gotten progressively worse. As long as you paid for it VIA Credit Card (not via checking account), then you still have the Credit Card Company as a protector. If you paid via checking account, eBay will generally require to you wait AT LEAST three weeks before they will do ANYTHING at all and then I am hearing that some get nothing back while others get only a percentage. Remember that eBay is still simply a "person-to-person" system. There are no assurances nor guarantees by PayPal of anything that is sold on eBay (never has been). I did see a few people (someone on here) who lost somethign like $5K on some wheels (HRE's I think) but he did pay via Western Union (which is a SCREAMING red flag). That being said, I did look at the auction. One red flag I see up front is that she hasn't traded anything since 2004 and 3 years is a long time to not do something on eBay so that would make me leary. Additionally, since everything is so old you can't even see the items. I can tell from the comments that some are little more than a tee-shirt. Another one does look like it's a single rim so at least it is car-related. I really wish there was a way to search for "all previously sold Renntech items" to see if a scammer is using alternate accounts to propogate the same thing but in the end you are probably OK. Don't panic unless you get an empty box...
Old 10-18-2007 | 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Your car looks perfect the way it is. It actually looks like it is lower than factory already because of the wheels. Leave it as is.......
Old 10-18-2007 | 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Ever since Paypal was bought out by eBay, the services have gotten progressively worse. As long as you paid for it VIA Credit Card (not via checking account), then you still have the Credit Card Company as a protector. If you paid via checking account, eBay will generally require to you wait AT LEAST three weeks before they will do ANYTHING at all and then I am hearing that some get nothing back while others get only a percentage. Remember that eBay is still simply a "person-to-person" system. There are no assurances nor guarantees by PayPal of anything that is sold on eBay (never has been). I did see a few people (someone on here) who lost somethign like $5K on some wheels (HRE's I think) but he did pay via Western Union (which is a SCREAMING red flag). That being said, I did look at the auction. One red flag I see up front is that she hasn't traded anything since 2004 and 3 years is a long time to not do something on eBay so that would make me leary. Additionally, since everything is so old you can't even see the items. I can tell from the comments that some are little more than a tee-shirt. Another one does look like it's a single rim so at least it is car-related. I really wish there was a way to search for "all previously sold Renntech items" to see if a scammer is using alternate accounts to propogate the same thing but in the end you are probably OK. Don't panic unless you get an empty box...
Thanks for the reply.
But, I allready received the Renntech box and check out my story.
I was at my office when I received the box. When I carried the package I was thinking there is no way that this package has anything in it because there was a renntech box inside of the Fed Ex box. The Fed Ex box was about 22" wide x 12" tall x 4" thick and inside of it was another box. So, I was allready worried because there is no way in hell that 2 boxes plus a lowering module could weigh so little (1lb.). Call me crazy but I thought that this was the only way paypal would belive me. So, here it goes. I'm on my way home just looking at the damn box wanting to open it but there was something inside me saying just wait first you need to pull out the HD camera and film the whole enchilada. and that is exactly what I did for my lovely freinds at paypal. But, guess what. there was a lowering module in the box. That damn thing does't weigh but maybe even like 1oz. I was pretty amazed.
So, I was finally able to install the module and it worked like a charm.

Now I just need to go take some good good pictures of the car with the wheels and module. I'll tell you one thing. Not, everybody could install a module it took me at least 2-3 hours. But i love the module and I highly recomenededede.
Old 10-18-2007 | 03:05 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Good deal. sounds like you were sweatin bigtime on that one. Can you take some pics of where you mounted the controlling knob for the lowering module? 5 settings correct?
thanks
Old 10-18-2007 | 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jocampo
Good deal. sounds like you were sweatin bigtime on that one. Can you take some pics of where you mounted the controlling knob for the lowering module? 5 settings correct?
thanks
No, it has 1 knob with 8 settings for the left front, 1 knob with 8 settings for the right front and for the rear it only has 1 knob with 8 settings. and an 8 function knob right next to the rear one.
Old 10-18-2007 | 04:17 PM

Glad to hear that you got what you paid for. It's risky, but there are more good people out there than bad.

What settings did you use for each of the control knobs?
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:13 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing

-Aaron
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Centurion
Glad to hear that you got what you paid for. It's risky, but there are more good people out there than bad.

What settings did you use for each of the control knobs?
I use 3 in the front and 4 in the rear.
How about you?
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by StealthAuto
Looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing

-Aaron
No problen.
Thank you for the comment.
Old 10-18-2007 | 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
And i was ready to sell you a module if you got ripped off by the ebay seller!! Anyways, congratulations.

By the way guys, i do have one in stock!
Old 10-19-2007 | 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by W219CLS55
I use 3 in the front and 4 in the rear.
How about you?
Still waiting on wheels before getting one, however, one of my co-workers uses the following settings on his CLS63:
L front 2, R front 1, and rears 3. He is still riding on his stock wheels too.

I told him that Renntech advises using 5 and higher for AMG cars and he said he is fully aware but the car still didn't look low enough for him.
I have to agree because the way he has it now looks perfect.
Looking from the side, the front fender just sits on top of the tire. You can fit a finger into the well only if you enter at a 45 degree angle upwards. The rear fenders appear to be sitting even lower than the front but the car is leveled. I think this has to do with how the quarter panels are designed...a higher arch up front for steering clearance. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.