Yearly maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Yearly maintenance

Hey there guyes,

I'm from the UK and thinking about getting a CLS 55 (06) for about $90,000 (it pains me to see how cheap the AMG's in the USA are compared to over here) or a CLS 320 Diesel for about $60,000 (preferably with the AMG bodystyling and wheels.)

These costs are fixed, but what I would like to know is how much more in percentage terms does it cost you to run an AMG as opposed to the base models? With prices of gas being at over $8 a gallon here; what kind of MPG do you guys get in the states with the AMG's? Obviously, insurance and tyres will also cost extra. How much do AMG brakes cost compared to normal CLS brakes when they go? Also you have to service the car a lot more and top it up with engine oil a lot more. What other kind of things have I missed?

I spend about $4000 on gas/fuel a year for a E320CDI, how much more would it cost me for the gas in a AMG?

Basically, I wnat some ideas on how much more it will cost me to run a AMG as opposed to a normal CLS. Double?

Cheers
Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 PM

man i'm not being sarcastic but if you can afford that much for a car then you should be able to afford gas. you're pickking a nice car, the last thing you have to worry about is gas mileage. i think you should be worried about parking it in public without anybody thinking of jacking it. just a thought, pls don't be offended since i had the same answer when i asked the same question before which honestly, totally make sense with me. peace bro
Old 11-12-2007, 02:23 PM

BMW
Thanks for the post. I'm not saying I can't afford it, but being able to afford something and be willing to pay for something is an entirely different thing (to me anyway.)

I'll be covering a LOT of miles in this car; so ofcourse the sensible option would be to go for a normal CLS or S class (Diesel) for practical purposes, but being only 23 I wouldn't mind spending a little extra at the start and going for the AMG. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure with how much more it would cost me to run over a base model.

If anyone could shed some light on this; It's be very much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by zuby84
Thanks for the post. I'm not saying I can't afford it, but being able to afford something and be willing to pay for something is an entirely different thing (to me anyway.)

I'll be covering a LOT of miles in this car; so ofcourse the sensible option would be to go for a normal CLS or S class (Diesel) for practical purposes, but being only 23 I wouldn't mind spending a little extra at the start and going for the AMG. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure with how much more it would cost me to run over a base model.

If anyone could shed some light on this; It's be very much appreciated.
Chimming in on this...

I change my oil every 5K and at the same time have a wheel alignment. I do this for all my cars.
My first 5K I paid a little over $400.00 for this service at a MB dealer. I know I over paid, but on the other hand, the alignment is performed correctly to MB specs on a car with multi-height ride modes and gives me a sense of real security that it's done corrrectly.
Just a small price to pay to play in the luxury car market.
BTW..I don't lease, I own it.

Last edited by m_berman; 11-12-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Service A, B, C, and D are the same price for all Mercedes whether AMG or not. After 60,000 miles, then AMG will become more expensive. What will definately cost more is brakes and tires. My tires cost $140 more per tire than an E550's tires. I get about 16 miles per gallon in city and 22 to 23 on freeway. So yes, you'll also burn a bit more gas with AMG, but trust me, the power you'll get from an AMG is every bit enjoyable and will make you forget the extra cost. The absolute power + superior handling + ultimate luxury in an AMG is just unforgettable.

Becareful: once you drive an AMG, you won't be able to go back to a normal car.....
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 PM

06 CLS55 AMG-all options sans Distronic; Carrera4S; 07 M5;Lexus GS300
Remember that in the UK the measure is Imperial gallons and here it is US gals, which are < Imp gals. That said, I get about 12-13 mpg in city driving; 17-19 on highways (no stop and go traffic).
+1 re the price of gas for an ultra-lux/perf car like this; don't ask if you are going to own it (I own mine). So far mine has been pretty reliable , only have 15K miles on it. Change oil every 5K miles; ditto re the price of tires and brakes. Had a lot of high perf/lux cars and have a 750Li now; but this car Da Bomb, gotta say. Still smile when I drive it (doesn't mean it's perfect, but damn nice and effortless high perf. And all the babes just love it, at least here in the US!!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 PM

06 CLS55
My 2 cents,

One almost always never considers these things when the car is such a high ticket. I was telling someone the other day that I never thought how expensive the tires would be and how much gas I would be spending.

I just did all 4 pads at 670.00 I just ordered tires for the second time 1200.00 oil change 90.00. These things do add up but they are 500% worth it!!!!!!!!!