C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Who Has an CLS55/63 and ..No House

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008 | 06:28 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Originally Posted by 1stCLSAMG
Well,I have a CLS AMG and I live in a condo.it has a garage.but not my own garage.
And the CLS isn't my dd...
So,if u could,would u mind being a little more specific?
Cuz I'm 19 and I don't want to own a home just yet.
Thats good atleast you have a Garage to park it in. I hope you have not been out driving it these last 2 days in Md. I had this guy slide into the back of my Hummer this morning no damage to me but his car was pretty bad.
Old 02-13-2008 | 07:52 PM

08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
I think the original poster here kinda meant who has the car that really "shouldnt" have the car...not really where its parked and or where you live...

I know TONS AND TONS of people that think they are "baller" status because of what they drive. It amazes me that most dont know jack***** about money management or the car itself!!!

They are the ones that lose in the end by biting off to much, and living way beyond their means...for example an IT guy that works for me makes less than $50k a year, he is planning to buy a 335i for himself and a X5 4.4 for his wife this year...and claims its ONLY $700 a month and trade in this and that to make it work...!!!! i almost barfed.

o well...I think we get the point.
Old 02-13-2008 | 08:14 PM

magLipVE
3500SF home, 3 car garage, 55 is my daily driver and a 10spd bicycle as my weekend ride around the block

whats the point of owning a merc and only drive it on weekends? probably do that with a ferrari or lambo, but definitely not a merc.
Old 02-13-2008 | 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 150shot
I think the original poster here kinda meant who has the car that really "shouldnt" have the car...not really where its parked and or where you live...

I know TONS AND TONS of people that think they are "baller" status because of what they drive. It amazes me that most dont know jack***** about money management or the car itself!!!

They are the ones that lose in the end by biting off to much, and living way beyond their means...for example an IT guy that works for me makes less than $50k a year, he is planning to buy a 335i for himself and a X5 4.4 for his wife this year...and claims its ONLY $700 a month and trade in this and that to make it work...!!!! i almost barfed.

o well...I think we get the point.
It amazes me how people view each other. Just amazes me. I guess the more money you have the more you can look down on others or think you are better. The last time I checked, this was a free country and people should be able to do what they want with their hard earned money. Hell, I'm sure the dealership won't just give the keys away for nothing. Unless the person is planning on borrowing money from you and he just can't pay you back, I don't think it's any of your business to judge. It just makes you sound "snooty". As a member of this forum, I would hate to see new members who just purchased something they are so proud of get discouraged from reading post like these. Just my rant.
Old 02-14-2008 | 01:59 AM

2006 CLS55, 2006 Lotus Elise
I'm not sure the previous poster was saying he made more than the $50k guy, just that the guy seemed more concerned about how much car he could afford, rather than whether it was a wise investment or not...

Personally, I think both the car dealers and buyers are a bit to blame: you've got dealers who are constantly getting more creative with financing that exposes consumers to ever-more risk, and buyers who don't have enough self-restraint to realize when something sounds too good to be true. If it gets too out of control, you end up with something like our current subprime crisis, which is full of a lot of sad stories of people who are losing their homes (and its almost always lower-income families, who will suffer the most from it). And the people who talked them into these messes typically get off scott-free.

But anyway, back to the original topic, I don't think there's a single right answer. Where I grew up, in Ohio, you can easily get a nice house for about $200k, and I would definitely do that before spending more than $10 or $20k for a car. But out in Seattle where I live now (and San Jose where I'll be soon), it's a whole different story. Condos near my work start around $500k, and with the current depreciation in the housing market, the depreciation would outpace the mortgage payments, putting me in negative equity. So, I invest in my 401k and cars instead for now, waiting for the market to bottom out... (At least both my cars have positive equity, and I can sell them for a down payment on a home when the time comes )
Old 02-14-2008 | 09:38 AM

cls63 ACURA NSX ESC-o-LADE
Im going to go buy that million dollar Lamborghini now.Maybe I can get a 30yr car loan on it. Check this out.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...ng-loans_N.htm
Old 02-14-2008 | 11:28 AM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
I work with a guy that is in the same boat...no pun intended. He does have a valid exuse though. He was married to a gold digging b_tch and she took him for almost everything. He came in to some (not a ton) inherited money early in their marrige and he bought a their home with it. In the divorce she got the house, and everything in it. He managed to hold onto his pride and joy F355. He now resides in a rented 1000 sq. ft. apartment with a 1-car garage. He also drives a newer BMW X5 and just bought a $200,000 power boat. His reasoning is simple, he is 40 years old and feels he wasted 15 years of his life, now he going to live a little. He only makes about $120,000 a year so it was the boat or a house. I don't blame the guy, do you? He may regret it when it comes time to retire, but maybe he will outgrow this in a few years and invest in a home. In the mean time, I can't wait until Lake Michigan thaws out so we can cruise around on his new boat.

You know what they say, what's better than owning a boat? Having a friend that owns one!
Old 02-14-2008 | 12:43 PM

06 CLS 55 AMG,07 supra, 95 acura legend.
Originally Posted by Mathmik
Thats good atleast you have a Garage to park it in. I hope you have not been out driving it these last 2 days in Md. I had this guy slide into the back of my Hummer this morning no damage to me but his car was pretty bad.
Yea,the weather here has been crazy...and that ice storm didn't help much.
And I just drove my legend..I wouldn't let her come out..I'm thinkn about just lettin her sit untill spring...
Old 02-14-2008 | 02:23 PM

Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
this is a stupid thread! who cares about who has what and where they keep it, if they have a daily driver aside from the "AMG" in a garage. It is perfectly fine to think like you do, but to actually air it out on full blown forum with other people.................. Not smooth!! Look up the word pretentious and get back me. I'm suprised you got as many people to reply back with a legitimate answer. What does that say about you guys answering this guy? <-- rhetorical question

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 02-14-2008 at 02:34 PM.