C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

cls55 vs. cl65??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CTS V
cls55 vs. cl65??

Im in the market for either a 2005 cl65 or a 2006 cls55. What would you guys reccomend? Maybe a mod could link this in the cl forum too get lots of opinions? I love the looks of the cls but the power of the cl....let me know what you guys think!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Corbin:

Well, I briefly thought about a CLS55 or CLS63. I test drove a CLS55 a couple of years ago. I liked it alot. You do get a bit more rear seating room. The car has very nice lines and the body style isn't "out-of-date" yet. The CLS55 is fast car...it accelerates very well...and you can match the acceleration speed to the grunt of the engine. The CL65 (W215) is a different story. The speed just pours on...with very little drama from the engine room. You get pushed back in your seat without ever really feeling the acceleration slow down. The car comes with so many gadgets that even though it is now 3 years old, it doesn't feel that old. For me, the CL65 is a dream car. It has great luxury with supercar performance. The CLS55 feels more mortal by comparison. Ultimately, it depends on what you really value. If you want a sportier feel, with a little bit more room and more current styling...the CLS55 is a great choice. If you want the supercar performance in an elegantly classic body style with more luxurious materials...then the CL65 is the choice. You really can't go wrong with either....although I always thought if I got the CLS I would always say 'maybe I should have gotten the CL65'. Now having the CL65 (albeit for just a couple of days now), there is no car out there I would rather have.

Tom
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CTS V
tmc m5 thanks for the reply! I just keep going back and forth and dont wanna go the wrong way and regret it....
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
I sent this a a PM and E-mail also. Sorry for the repetition.

Hi,
I went through the same issue and decided on the CL65. To me there is no question the CL65 is the best choice for Luxury and performance. I've had my car for about 6 months now and It is still the most comfortable rocket around town. The acceleration is just sick especially on the highway.

I'm actually selling my car because I want to get a 2008 or 2009 Z06. I miss having a true sports car and manual transmission. I don't regret getting the CL65, I realized that I don't want such a comfortable grand turismo as much as a bare to the bones sports car. If you are interested here is a listing of my car on the autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=0

The car is truly in amazing condition and has 2 full years of warranty left.

No big deal if you are not interested. I just thought I would give you my take on the CL65 over the CLS55. Bang for the buck and all around better car is truly the CL65. MSRP of the CL65 was $186,000 vs $90,000 for the CLS55. Fit and finish of the CL blows the CLS away.

Good Luck.

Larry