C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS 55 Makeover...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
Originally Posted by Chargin55
+1. Sorry dude. I like the blacked out badges but I probably would have kept your outer rims silver and just done the centers black. to me just looks like somethings wrong with the color contrast and I also agree its way too low Gringo.
OK mr. down under... I welcome your opinion about the car and respect it... but there no need to go down the stereotype road and call me a Gringo just because my car is low. So you're from austraila... I don't think you would like if i say you walked around all day with a boomerang in your back pocket lookin for a crocodile to wrestle...
Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by newguycls55
i love the new look !!!!! i find it way more attractive, and aggressive looking...
did HMS powder coat for you? and if so? how much and how long did it take?
also your lowering method.
please advise. thanks
power coat usualy takes a week. I had them paint it cause i need the car done for a show. the car is lowerd using links w/ some tweeking. I know that car is too low for some of you but i get no rubbing, no issues, and i drive it daily in LA/OC freeways...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 PM

07 CLS 63, 87 L6,raised TITAN,62 custom beetle,72 monte carlo,2 civics
Car looks better then everyone's that replied ......too low, clear markers, silver wheels , u guys are gay, the car looks ****.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAMSSONZ
I really dont have a problem with the lowering . looks bad *** but Im sure the owner is gonna have a few issues rubbing specially wit passengers. Cant imagine how fast those tires are gonna go bald on the inside. Comes with the territory.

but regardless of age, that car is low(in the rear), Cant see much of a debate there.Matter a fact- Im curious to know the age group of the people who worked/designed the car To lower it to the point where its not practical and somewhat lookin like a rice rocket. Sorry the color scheme is horrible IMO.

Looked much better when it was clean.
You have had nothing nice to say about any of our work..So I take your response as every time.

Both the white and Silver car are lowered using the same method, and are currently as low as one another. Yesterday, I had 3 passengers in the CLS doing 130+ with absolutely no rub, and/or problems. So, your idea about the wheels rubbing is out the window. I respect your genuine concern about the car and how its going to break down later or whatever, but obviously these two dont give a ____ . Thats what that great MB warranty is for
As far as rice rocket, you can think whatever you like, but park this silver car next to your car, and yours would be hard to spot
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM

I am biased and prefer the Silver Monoblocks more , but nevertheless looks great. Out of curiosity, how long and how much to black the rims, and grill? Car looks slick as hell
Old 03-31-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by SAMSSONZ
I really dont have a problem with the lowering . looks bad *** but Im sure the owner is gonna have a few issues rubbing specially wit passengers. Cant imagine how fast those tires are gonna go bald on the inside. Comes with the territory.

but regardless of age, that car is low(in the rear), Cant see much of a debate there.Matter a fact- Im curious to know the age group of the people who worked/designed the car To lower it to the point where its not practical and somewhat lookin like a rice rocket. Sorry the color scheme is horrible IMO.

Looked much better when it was clean.
Samssonz,

You're sooo worried about bald tires... why??? You own a CLS63 w/ 500+ hp!!! If you drive it the way its was made to be driven, (even at stock height if yours' is) you'll go through tires fast regardless... Unless you're the type that babies your car???? I hope not, cause I drive my car hard!! on a daily bases. I paid good money for this beast and Im goin to use it. You gotta pay to play...

I was going for the Brabus Rocket EVIL race look and not a rice rocket but its your opinion. Im 29 years old BTW and it was my idea to do the car the way it is. Yes the old clean look is sweet and alot you guys here prefer that including my dad who is pushin 60years... but i needed change, somethin different!! And this is it... Its looks aggressive, different, and evil which is a good thing because my dad now HATES it. maybe its one of those car you have to see in person???? Its not your daddies CLS for sure....

Last edited by auktane; 03-31-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
You have had nothing nice to say about any of our work..So I take your response as every time.

Both the white and Silver car are lowered using the same method, and are currently as low as one another. Yesterday, I had 3 passengers in the CLS doing 130+ with absolutely no rub, and/or problems. So, your idea about the wheels rubbing is out the window. I respect your genuine concern about the car and how its going to break down later or whatever, but obviously these two dont give a ____ . Thats what that great MB warranty is for
As far as rice rocket, you can think whatever you like, but park this silver car next to your car, and yours would be hard to spot
Not tru some of the work is nice but sometimes it just doesnt flow. ( I miss the lime green caliper days)
You guys sometimes come off too arrogant to other forum members
(how old are you,immature name calling,etc)

As far as over-shadowing my car. I highly doubt that and at the same time I dont like to show-off, Anyway I like benz to look like a benz, Not be so overdone. My opinion.

Last edited by SAMSSONZ; 03-31-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:00 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Originally Posted by auktane
Samssonz,

You're sooo worried about bald tires... why??? You own a CLS63 w/ 500+ hp!!! If you drive it the way its was made to be driven, (even at stock height if yours' is) you'll go through tires fast regardless... Unless you're the type that babies your car???? I hope not, cause I drive my car hard!! on a daily bases. I paid good money for this beast and Im goin to use it. You gotta pay to play...

I was going for the Brabus Rocket EVIL race look and not a rice rocket but its your opinion. Im 29 years old BTW and it was my idea to do the car the way it is. Yes the old clean look is sweet and alot you guys here prefer that including my dad who is pushin 60years... but i needed change, somethin different!! And this is it... Its looks aggressive, different, and evil which is a good thing because my dad now HATES it. maybe its one of those car you have to see in person???? Its not your daddies CLS for sure....

All I do is baby my car, Im notorious for that, just ask juicee.

You pay to play and you end up throwin' your money away.

Im glad you like it though, thats def. all that matters.

Last edited by SAMSSONZ; 03-31-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
OK mr. down under... I welcome your opinion about the car and respect it... but there no need to go down the stereotype road and call me a Gringo just because my car is low. So you're from austraila... I don't think you would like if i say you walked around all day with a boomerang in your back pocket lookin for a crocodile to wrestle...

I thought a Gringo was a white person?
I dunno what the poster meant by calling the car "too low Gringo" maybe he was just ryming?

anyway car looks great it was just difficult to look better than it did. The pic of your car with the dome light on is insane and the CLS looks bad *** now and it looked hella good previously.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Samssonz,

You're sooo worried about bald tires... why??? You own a CLS63 w/ 500+ hp!!! If you drive it the way its was made to be driven, (even at stock height if yours' is) you'll go through tires fast regardless...
Code:
Unless you're the type that babies your car????
I hope not, cause I drive my car hard!! on a daily bases. I paid good money for this beast and Im goin to use it. You gotta pay to play...

Sam runs his CLS harder than anybody. I worry about him actually.
This guy has great taste in cars as do you. Everyone has prefrences , thats what makes the World interesting.

Great looking CLS man
Old 03-31-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by juicee63
Sam runs his CLS harder than anybody. I worry about him actually.
This guy has great taste in cars as do you. Everyone has prefrences , thats what makes the World interesting.

Great looking CLS man
As I would hope!!.. The man has great taste cause he pushin a CLS63, so I would assume he likes speed, power, and looks!!! Just Im not use to people with our type of cars complaining about tire wear...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by juicee63
I thought a Gringo was a white person?
I dunno what the poster meant by calling the car "too low Gringo" maybe he was just ryming?

anyway car looks great it was just difficult to look better than it did. The pic of your car with the dome light on is insane and the CLS looks bad *** now and it looked hella good previously.
gringo is what a latin speakin person calls an english speakin person (mostly white), often used in a derogatory way which is why I took offense to it. I take it that he is sterotypin me since im from california "most guys from cali likes his car super low". since the import and the lowrider scene is big here.
Look!! there goes another low gringo from cali....

whatever he meant... callin me a gringo wasn't necessary.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 AM

No longer car shopping...
I'll preface this by stating that the blacked-out wheel look only looks good on black cars IMHO and though your effort isn't the worst...

"... but i needed change, something different"
you accomplished being different but Kramer from Sinfeld was also different and you don't see a bunch of us rushing out to get make overs to make us look like him do you?

... because my dad now HATES it.
Contrary to your comments, it's not an age thing. Those of us who are in agreement with him would equally dislike seeing a bucket of purple paint dumped on the hood of that nice car. It's not that we are jealous, it's that we simply think your attempt to go "evil" failed and in fact made it look worse (again, you DID ask for opinions with this thread so you may need to realize that we aren't providing opinions because we are "haters". Heck most of us have or currently do own similar cars.

So you're low. I guess you've impressed your friends (if not us here on the 'net). Is it too low for a performance benefit? ABSOLUTELY, and that is why a number of us don't like it. You've obviously discarded the intended function of lowering (performance) in the interest of impressing your friends in a childish manner (My car is lower than yours is....na na nah na...)

Is it TOO low? Probably, but the only way we could say that it is too low would be to see how she rolls (i.e. does it bounce like the ricers do when she goes over a slight bump?) If there is no bouncing then I'd say "to each's own". If it does have the "ricer roll/bounce" then I'd say that you should raise it back up so that you don't look like a kid trying to pretend he's the Sh**z.

"We came here to bury Caesar, not to praise him..."

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-01-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Old 04-01-2008, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by PAUL M

Wow Biggest antenna I've ever seen
HAM RADIO?lol...
Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 PM

06 CLS55 - Silver/Black
Does anything rub with it being that low??
Old 04-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
I'll preface this by stating that the blacked-out wheel look only looks good on black cars IMHO and though your effort isn't the worst...

you accomplished being different but Kramer from Sinfeld was also different and you don't see a bunch of us rushing out to get make overs to make us look like him do you?

Contrary to your comments, it's not an age thing. Those of us who are in agreement with him would equally dislike seeing a bucket of purple paint dumped on the hood of that nice car. It's not that we are jealous, it's that we simply think your attempt to go "evil" failed and in fact made it look worse (again, you DID ask for opinions with this thread so you may need to realize that we aren't providing opinions because we are "haters". Heck most of us have or currently do own similar cars.

So you're low. I guess you've impressed your friends (if not us here on the 'net). Is it too low for a performance benefit? ABSOLUTELY, and that is why a number of us don't like it. You've obviously discarded the intended function of lowering (performance) in the interest of impressing your friends in a childish manner (My car is lower than yours is....na na nah na...)

Is it TOO low? Probably, but the only way we could say that it is too low would be to see how she rolls (i.e. does it bounce like the ricers do when she goes over a slight bump?) If there is no bouncing then I'd say "to each's own". If it does have the "ricer roll/bounce" then I'd say that you should raise it back up so that you don't look like a kid trying to pretend he's the Sh**z.

"We came here to bury Caesar, not to praise him..."
chill out dude... go take a quite drive in your hybrid and calm down. I glad you don't like it cause it wasn't built for you...

oh BTW, thanks for comparing me to the great Ceasar...

Last edited by auktane; 04-02-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by amgbenz55
Does anything rub with it being that low??
nope.. not at all.. i even took a turn on the offramp at 60 and still no rub... The airmatics is great.. its still rides pretty good, and i can still raise it with the touch of a button...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
i like it both way's!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 AM

2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Sorry. That was out of line. I apologise. The inference was that the car is low rider low. Yes. It was a **** take. You can’t please everyone right? My point was it is way too low but now I read you can raise it with the airmatic which I should have realised anyway so all is not doom and gloom. Seeing as though you called me out I’ll say it honestly as I see it. The shop in the pic looks more obsessed with bling and show than actually improving your cars performance/handling etc. Lots of chrome and fluffy dice. I could be wrong but it looks like somewhere you take your low rider to get tarted up and that was what my Gringo dig was all about. Nothing wrong with the whole low rider scene…but on an AMG?? I am sorry but I really did like the look of your cls before and I trust you will accept my opinion here as constructive criticism
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 AM

~ 1996 S320 ~
The cars look absolutely fantastic

I'm a reasonably new poster to this site and it seems there are some rather over-sized ego's bouncing off each other - however - in saying that it makes a pleasant change from other sites that can at times just be a load of back-rubbing without opinionated friction.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
cls
the car is lowerd using links w/ some tweeking. I know that car is too low for some of you but i get no rubbing, no issues, and i drive it daily in LA/OC freeways...
The car looks insane... Too many girls on sites like this if you ask me... What do you mean by tweeks? And how does it ride. I'm ordering links and want to know how to get that drop...